Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-15-2012, 12:34 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
MSCs Broken Ski Award 2012

The dubious honor of receiving the Broken Ski is bestowed on a Metroplex Ski Club member each year for some blunderous action they have been given credit for - whether deserved or not... The recipient adds an item to the ski to signify the act that earned this distinction...

So far for 2012, we have four nominees:

Nominee #1 has been dubbed the most injury prone... As described by another member:

1. Boat prop cut-stitches (In His Wakes)
2. Cross bow bruise while at Spring Fling
3. Hitting head on bottom side of boat platform-knot (In His Wakes)
4. Wood fell on head while working on jump. Gash in head.
5. MCL damage to right knee while jumping. (doctor ordered Physical therapy)
6. Spider bite possibly scorpion while at spring fling. Major infection -tested for staff.
7. ...... See nominee #2 below....

============

Nominee #2 comes as a by-product of nominee #1 because the story was being hushed up to avoid a nomination:

7. [Name] was giving [Name] a "tutorial" as [Name] called it prior to a ski show. She is on his shoulders and he falls backward coming over rollers. Thinking he could pull out of it, he holds onto the rope. As a result the rope pulled on her leg from the top all the way to her ankle. [Name] had a bruise that just about covered her entire leg.

==========

Nomination #3 goes to a member who was going all out early in the year at our annual Spring Fling campout... What we thought was a simple ankle injury ended up being a broken bone and the end of the season...

=========

Nomination #4 is going to one of the clubs longest time members and show skiers for the sinking of the portable jump at the end of a show! I had the responsible party list dwindled down to 3 based on a process of elimination and what I heard members say about it... Yes, I finally have details and I have now the name of the person ultimately responsible! Sweet!

Now, I want a few more nominees and stories... This is going to be fun telling the stories I have gathered at our xmas party next month!

MC

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 11-15-2012, 12:41 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
I still want to hear the details of a past nomination avoided.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:24 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
I still want to hear the details of a past nomination avoided.
LMAO - you didnt forget did you... Luckily, my GF and Kyle were the ONLY ones that knew and they both kept their mouths shut...

Now, I will say I should have won it 2 years in a row... 2005 and 2006... And I SHOULD have won it in 2011.

2005: I broke my ski fin - I made it to 4 ball - head 1st... I lost to another member who wakeboarded into shore!

2006: The trailer for the boat at Ski haven fell on my foot and broke all my toes... but I also bent my trailer axle when I side swiped a t-post... I was a sure winner....

2011: Should have been a closer race... I mangled a garage door with my GFs boat tower... Oh and then trying to hammer the door back into its track, I managed to smash my finger hard enough the fingernail turned black and fell off... Also in 2011, one of our founding fathers who I have skied with since 2006 tore his ACL doing something stupid at the state fair, and my GF broke her trailer tongue when we were pulling the boat out of the Brazos!

For a comprehensive list of winners, you can click here

MC

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...

Last edited by TxsRiverRat; 11-15-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
You know, even though I'm a member and I hear all of the hype of the broken ski award. I really could care less about it and hearing about it. lol Just saying....
Old 11-15-2012, 02:01 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayMC197 View Post
You know, even though I'm a member and I hear all of the hype of the broken ski award. I really could care less about it and hearing about it. lol Just saying....
Well Taylor, you're also entitled to not open the thread, just like I was entitled to not read your post. Just saying...

Old 11-15-2012, 02:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft 197 TT 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Well Taylor, you're also entitled to not open the thread, just like I was entitled to not read your post. Just saying...
oh come on.... this is all just in good fun and I think TxsRiverRat has a good thread here... there should be some good stories to be told unless they're meant to be kept hush hush...

2007 Prostar TT 197.....special delivery from the dealer 3/18/08 sold 6/7/11
Old 11-15-2012, 02:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
I only know one story. Thats becuase Mark has told it to me about 10 times. The Ol' trailer on my foot story. Maybe thats why I don't care about the award. He burned me out already..

I don't have to open the thread but I'm intrigued to know what stupid stuff you might say today Mark. lol
Old 11-15-2012, 03:00 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
I only know one story. Thats becuase Mark has told it to me about 10 times. The Ol' trailer on my foot story. Maybe thats why I don't care about the award. He burned me out already..

I don't have to open the thread but I'm intrigued to know what stupid stuff you might say today Mark. lol

I'm going to refrain from comment Taylor, you'll be the only one saying stupid things on here.

Have a great day.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:58 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
So are you nominee 1, 3 or 4?

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 11-15-2012, 04:03 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
So are you nominee 1, 3 or 4?
None of the above Thrall - we'll keep a close eye on him in 2013