Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 11-12-2012, 09:58 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
You're correct. Living where I do now, I am so used to driving through Austin to visit our relatives in NB that forgot about taking 10 all the way and just calculated the route through Austin (or up 71 to 21 to 35).

I've been to TSR several times. Quite a proshop and they definitely struck me as a good dealer. Glad I don't have to drive 3 hours for service though.

How are the lake levels in that part of central Texas? I assume Dunlap is okay. How are McQueeney and Canyon?
Lake levels were never a problem here, Canyon dropped but never got low enough to be an issue for use.

Dunlap was lowered for damn repair right before 4th of july and is finally back up- it was pretty messed up for people that lived there.

McQueeney was fine from all I heard, it is the lake up from me but I never go on McQueeny, it is a prop killer and always to crowded.

I live on Lake placid and it never dropped more than 6 inches, my understanding is that it has not been down more than 6 inches in the last 20 years, it is a hydroelectric producing lake.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X45 6.2L
we bought our X45 from dockside marine. They treated us very good and gave us a better price that two other MC dealers gave us for the same boat. Every person has there own experience but mine was good with dockside.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
we bought our X45 from dockside marine. They treated us very good and gave us a better price that two other MC dealers gave us for the same boat. Every person has there own experience but mine was good with dockside.
I have not heard bad experiences with the sales team at Dockside just with the service department.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: X25
Smile Dockside marine service

Hello guys. This is Don McCain. I am in sales at dockside marine on lake Conroe. I wanted to take a minute to give a heads up on a few issues that y'all have had with our service department. I know that we certainly had a rough beginning as do many dealers who are growing very rapidly. Typically new dealers have a pretty large spike in sales right when they pick up the line, as we did when we were blessed with MC. What then occurs is a very strong influx of new boats to be serviced in a very short period of time. During that time we are also trying to train service personnel to take care of your boat to the best of their ability. This is a curve in which we have to try and keep current customers happy along with brand new customers all while learning a brand new line of products (some indmar, some Ilmor). That being said, I have been frustrated by this as well. I am happy to announce that we have made some significant investments in training, parts in stock, we have acquired quality veteran inboard techs, as well as a new team leader back there that is hammering down these long lead times on service tickets. I would be happy to take any of your calls if you have any questions or you can call the service dept direct at 936-447-6162. After all. We are your local Mastercraft dealers and we are dedicated to making service on the boat easier and as painless as possible. WE Want your business!! Please give us a shot. Thanks, Don 936-447-6161
Old 11-15-2012, 05:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-45
Thanks Don, that's enough of a reason for me to try you guys out when I get there. I am lucky enough I shouldn't need any service right now just an indoor to store it in for now. I will make a trip by and check you out though as well.

Back to the packing
Old 11-15-2012, 06:50 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 MASTERCRAFT X45 LY6
I highly recommed Dockside Marine! I'm on my third MC (2)45's&(1)55 and I use them for all my needs. All the guys there are awesome, and always do there best to please there customers.

As far as storage you won't find anything nicer than Millstead storage off McCaled Rd. I'm on the south side of Lake Conroe, feel free to contact me with any Q's.
RaySmith224@Yahoo.com
Old 11-16-2012, 11:42 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X55 LSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocksideMC View Post
Hello guys. This is Don McCain. I am in sales at dockside marine on lake Conroe. I wanted to take a minute to give a heads up on a few issues that y'all have had with our service department. I know that we certainly had a rough beginning as do many dealers who are growing very rapidly. Typically new dealers have a pretty large spike in sales right when they pick up the line, as we did when we were blessed with MC. What then occurs is a very strong influx of new boats to be serviced in a very short period of time. During that time we are also trying to train service personnel to take care of your boat to the best of their ability. This is a curve in which we have to try and keep current customers happy along with brand new customers all while learning a brand new line of products (some indmar, some Ilmor). That being said, I have been frustrated by this as well. I am happy to announce that we have made some significant investments in training, parts in stock, we have acquired quality veteran inboard techs, as well as a new team leader back there that is hammering down these long lead times on service tickets. I would be happy to take any of your calls if you have any questions or you can call the service dept direct at 936-447-6162. After all. We are your local Mastercraft dealers and we are dedicated to making service on the boat easier and as painless as possible. WE Want your business!! Please give us a shot. Thanks, Don 936-447-6161
Glad to hear it Don. You'll have my business.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:00 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocksideMC View Post
Don nice job coming on the board and responding. I don't live in Houston but if I did I would come by just because you responded to the negative complaints. It amazes me how many companies never respond, 9 out of 10 times customers just want to know that someone is hearing their frustration and will to respond. Nice work, hope to stop by and meet you if I am in town.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 PM
TT Regular

Boat: None
CobraRob,
Welcome to Texas. More importantly, welcome to The Woodlands! I live in Spring, just on the outskirts of The Woodlands. I think you will really like it here.

I just purchased my first Mastercraft (X2) from Don at Dockside this summer. Great guy. I know everyone has had their own personal experiences with dealerships, but mine was very good. Not only through the sell, but after delivery. He has always been quick to answer my questions or provide assistance. I have not needed to service my boat yet, but when I do I will be using the service department at Dockside. Again, people may have had a bad experience in the past, but it sure seems like they have their stuff together now.

As far as Darryl Moore, I think they sold out. There's a new name on the building. SMG I think? I'll ask my buddy tonight. He's a Malibu guy (the debates never end). I know his last 2 have come from Darryl Moore. Anyway, I wouldn't go to anywhere else but Dockside if you are local and in need of service on your MC. Sounds like you won't need this for a while, though.

As far as storage around Conroe, sorry I can't help on specific locations. I did a little research on this for a while before storing it at my a relatives. It seemed the prices ranged around 125-130/mo for enclosed.

Good luck with the move.

bv