Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-15-2012, 10:42 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
A couple noteworthy quotes from Ron Paul's speech yesterday.

"If it's not accepted that big government, fiat money, ignoring liberty, central economic planning, welfarism, and warfarism caused our crisis we can expect a continuous and dangerous march toward corporatism and even fascism with even more loss of our liberties."

"The #1 responsibility for each of us is to change ourselves with hope that others will follow. This is of greater importance than working on changing the government; that is secondary to promoting a virtuous society. If we can achieve this, then the government will change."

I am proud to say I have accomplished both of these. It is my hope the rest of you will follow.

Thank you Ron Paul for being the greatest statesman of my lifetime.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 11-15-2012, 11:32 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
A couple noteworthy quotes from Ron Paul's speech yesterday.

"If it's not accepted that big government, fiat money, ignoring liberty, central economic planning, welfarism, and warfarism caused our crisis we can expect a continuous and dangerous march toward corporatism and even fascism with even more loss of our liberties."

"The #1 responsibility for each of us is to change ourselves with hope that others will follow. This is of greater importance than working on changing the government; that is secondary to promoting a virtuous society. If we can achieve this, then the government will change."

I am proud to say I have accomplished both of these. It is my hope the rest of you will follow.

Thank you Ron Paul for being the greatest statesman of my lifetime.
After reading the speech a number of times so I could wrap my head around the big picture and insert his details.."all I can think of is we are screwed"....

I admire him for saying that he was unable to achieve what the constitution wanted. No one else would have said so.

So for now we are again stuck until the mid year elections. Market dying... Obama smiling....
The middle class is base with the biggest amount of dollars...the Obama - what a fricken liar...and I hate that he thinks we are "all" stupid... not enough dollars in the top 1.5%.

Sooo how many months before a National Sales Tax... I know its comin.....
Old 11-15-2012, 12:03 PM
MC Master Poster

He couldn't do what the Constitution wants but I fail to see how "the Constitution failed us". THEY failed the Constitution. The voters who don't know or care what's in it failed it. The politicians who capitalized on this fact failed it. The media, who care more about their right to say, write or print what they want more than they care about the well-being of the country and its inhabitants failed it.

The Constitution's provisions for these points have been there for over 200 years. Politicians have been working to nullify them for the whole time and those who pay no attention are to blame for letting it happen. Most people are interested in nothing more than what's at arm's length and if they're required to think about anything more, they refuse, or can't. The level of intelligence in the US has been dropping for decades and when the government tells the story of how things happened, history is terribly inaccurate.

I used to say "Keeping people uneducated, unhealthy and dependent on government is no way to run a country". That's completely correct if the government wants people to do things for themselves but when said government wants to keep the majority of the people under its thumb, it's EXACTLY the proper way to run the country. They're in the position of telling people what they need, what they'll give them, how much and when. Also, they'll tell the ones who have enough for themselves, how much they'll give to those who don't. Until those who have enough decide that they don't want to stay or work with the government. Not that I'm in agreement with all of the points in the story, but the main premise of 'Atlas Shrugged' asks "What if the people with all of the money- the movers and shakers, decided to go on strike?". Well, "What if"?

The ads I saw at the end of the 2012 campaign showed Obama saying "We're asking the wealthy to give a little more". THERE'S NO 'ASK' INVOLVED! They're making it look like the wealthy are evil for having a lot of money and, to be sure, some are evil. In a Simpson's episode, Homer told Monty Burns that he was the richest person he knows and Burns said, "Yesss, and I'd trade it all for more". However, this government no longer wants people to succeed on their own and that's a dangerous tower to stand on. It only takes a lot of people giving the tower a little push to make it topple and if that happens, our way of life is over.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
After reading the speech a number of times so I could wrap my head around the big picture and insert his details.."all I can think of is we are screwed"....

I admire him for saying that he was unable to achieve what the constitution wanted. No one else would have said so.

So for now we are again stuck until the mid year elections. Market dying... Obama smiling....
The middle class is base with the biggest amount of dollars...the Obama - what a fricken liar...and I hate that he thinks we are "all" stupid... not enough dollars in the top 1.5%.

Sooo how many months before a National Sales Tax... I know its comin.....
When 99% are made to turn on the 1%, the 1% had better hit the road because that 99% is gonna be at their doorstep with their hands out. If they were smart, they'd go after the top 10%- it would be less of a hit and might be more accepted. But, since Democracy is all about "majority rules", 99% constitutes a pretty strong majority. So, how is it that small groups sue to make the majority do what the small groups want?
Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=cGhAqI-vv-M

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
When 99% are made to turn on the 1%, the 1% had better hit the road because that 99% is gonna be at their doorstep with their hands out. If they were smart, they'd go after the top 10%- it would be less of a hit and might be more accepted. But, since Democracy is all about "majority rules", 99% constitutes a pretty strong majority. So, how is it that small groups sue to make the majority do what the small groups want?
You're correct Jim...that is just what is going to happen....
Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Yupper!!...
Old 11-15-2012, 01:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
I watched it yesterday. I was getting very uneasy thinking "we're all screwed" as well. God bless us all.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N01vThrQ40Q

fiscal cliff at 2:55
Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
You're correct Jim...that is just what is going to happen....
What do you mean "...is going to happen"? It has happened in every place that saw taking from the wealthy to fund the rest as a good way to make everything "fair". Remember Robin Hood? That legend started close to 1000 years ago, but the "he robs from the rich and gives to the poor" part started in the early 1800s. In the original story, he was aligned with commoners, not royalty.