Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-03-2012, 10:42 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricford View Post
If you're going to put a camper top on it, please remove all Mastercraft decals and identification from the boat first, unless you're not concerned about other MC owners pointing and laughing.
I've thought of it myself. Night time cruising is impossible without getting eaten alive. A nice short camper top would be sweet for the night time. Or you could just buy a pontoon and do the same and keep your MC an MC. I'm torn between the two options myself.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:58 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 Mastercraft x45
traxx822 - For sure. We also plan on doing some island camping although we would sleep in a tent the boat would be used as the entertainment centre. A canvas would sure help out with bugs, rain,etc.

In an ideal world I think we would all have 3 or 4 boats. We are facing that dilemma currently. We started off looking at a Formula 330SS, Doral 360 and almost had a deal on a 2007 Regal 3350 (look it up pretty cool design big open entertaining boat with small cabin).

We evenly came to our senses. Although the cruising life style would be nice our time spent on the water will be reducing and most likely we would never get to use the boat as much as we would like.

If I could just have 3 boats........

1. Mastercraft x-star
2. Donzi Classic 22
3. Formula 370 SS diesel
Old 11-04-2012, 11:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: current 02 X7 / 197, past 98 PS 190
Big tic, I live in Chatt. If you need me to run over to see the boat or get pics, etc. let me know. I will be glad to help out.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: current 02 X7 / 197, past 98 PS 190
Did you see this 2008 X45 for sale $46k
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=51538
Old 11-09-2012, 08:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big tic View Post
Vandit your 80 is beautiful.

The trailer the dealer is trying to sell me is a duel axel trailer. On the forum I see everybody has triples. I can't remember the brand name but he says it is a custom trailer for the 280. I expressed my concern about this but he assured me it was fine. What do you think??

I am still set on a camper top. Don't get too worked up it will be pretty cool once done.

Guys once again thanks for the input.
Yeah I haul between 20-35 miles to the ramps around here. It's a Sport Boat Trailers, trailer. I had it re-fitted with electric over hydraulic brakes connected to the integrated brake controller on my Ram 2500. It works great, stops on a dime. But that trailer is very heavy for sure. I did tow with an Escalade EXT and it towed fine, but I was always worried about transmission wear and I had it connected using an Equilizer weight distribution hitch. I still use that on the Ram just to keep everything level and minimize sway on the freeway.

If you had the option I'd say triple axle. The boat really is huge on the trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk