Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 11-09-2012, 11:07 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
Houston MC really shat the bed on the customer service side of things from many accounts on here. If there's a good Nautique dealer on south Conroe, see if they work on MCs. My local CC dealer worked on my MC for years and won a customer for life. PCM versus Indmar is not too different. And if they don't stock compatible parts, so much the better. In that case, you can shop the parts around on the web and won't be locked into buying the parts from the dealer at a huge markup.
there is a nautique dealer with mastercrafts and a few other brands on south conroe and thats who I refering to as just having mc's there, they picked up mc after hmc went out of business.

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Old 11-09-2012, 11:34 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
TSR is very good. But New Braunfels is probably at least 4 hours+ from the Woodlands. At that long of a drive, bring it to Tyler (about a 3 hour drive). My local Nautique dealer will be happy to work on it and I consider these guys to be the absolute best in the business, no ifs, ands, or buts.
Only about 3 hours to NB from the Woodlands, I know a few people from the Woodlands that bring their boat out to TSR, get what they need done completed and then spend a few days on the lakes down here. I believe that TSR makes sure to get out of town boats knocked out quickly so you can git the lake.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:39 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214 w/ mini tower mcx
Congrats on your new job. Welcome back to Texas..,,

We live near downtown, in Mid-town, off Washington. We store our PS214 @ Lakeside Landing on HWY 105, on the southern shore of Lake Conroe. Its about a 20-30 minute drive from the Woodlands. They offer vallet launch from 8a-8 summer/8a-5p winter, and have 2 private ramps with 24/7 access. We store in a 30x12 and pay $130 pr/mnth, including vallet launch. There are several boat/rv storage places near the Woodlands. You shouldn't have any problems finding one. I work on the south side of town near Beltway 8/I45 south, If you need help finding a place near South Houston, I can scout around. I will be headed up to the lake both Sat & Sun this weekend, driving past the Woodlands, so I can also try and get some contact info for some of the storage places near there.

The local MC/Nautique dealer is called Dockside Marine, but like psychobilly posted, we use TSR (Texas Ski Ranch). Like east tx skier said about his dealer, we were so well taken care of by TSR that we are customers for life. Dockside is right down the street from my boat storage, but I'd rather make the 3 hour tow to TSR. Lets just say several people I know have had "issues" with Dockside. PM me if you would like specifics.

TSR TSR

Last edited by gts-20; 11-09-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:53 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskonn View Post
Only about 3 hours to NB from the Woodlands, I know a few people from the Woodlands that bring their boat out to TSR, get what they need done completed and then spend a few days on the lakes down here. I believe that TSR makes sure to get out of town boats knocked out quickly so you can git the lake.
You're correct. Living where I do now, I am so used to driving through Austin to visit our relatives in NB that forgot about taking 10 all the way and just calculated the route through Austin (or up 71 to 21 to 35).

I've been to TSR several times. Quite a proshop and they definitely struck me as a good dealer. Glad I don't have to drive 3 hours for service though.

How are the lake levels in that part of central Texas? I assume Dunlap is okay. How are McQueeney and Canyon?

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X55 LSA
The local dealer is Dockside marine. I have mixed results in working with them. To get my tower fixed was nearly 7 weeks. Sure made the summer seam really long. We store our boat at the Palms marina. Valet launching, gas, store, etc. feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X55 LSA
P.s. good luck on registering your boat & trailer in TX. Be prepared to visit the Texas parks & wildlife & the DMV a few times. By far one of the worst experiences we had in moving to TX. You can read the details in my previous posts.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmpdman View Post
P.s. good luck on registering your boat & trailer in TX. Be prepared to visit the Texas parks & wildlife & the DMV a few times. By far one of the worst experiences we had in moving to TX. You can read the details in my previous posts.
That really depends if you have out of state tags.... If the state your coming from don't require trailer tags on boat trailers then you are in a world of several trips and a few hundred dollars! It was nasty! My skiff I have had for 8 years or so and I still haven't put tags on it... Both boats were bought in Alabama, which do not require you to have trailer tags... There's a thread in here on my saga too....
Old 11-11-2012, 05:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-45
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
That really depends if you have out of state tags.... If the state your coming from don't require trailer tags on boat trailers then you are in a world of several trips and a few hundred dollars! It was nasty! My skiff I have had for 8 years or so and I still haven't put tags on it... Both boats were bought in Alabama, which do not require you to have trailer tags... There's a thread in here on my saga too....
Oregon has plates for the trailer but no tags required... The boat I just got my oregon renewal so not going to pay that obviously. I guess I am not in a hurry on the boat stuff since I have a million other things to do first...

As for storage, just really need a warehouse. I don't care about valet etc since I am not even sure where I will use it for now. It's nice here I was a 15min drive from house to river so I could go after work on fridays even... I am hoping I can get away with keeping it at the house during the summer and storing during the winter like I did here. It's going to suck not being about to go out every friday/sat all summer and drive back.. I think nicer water is going to be a planned activity with a maybe overnight stay.. Or a long drive home.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:24 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 02 X-30
I live about 3 miles from the northern end of lake conroe near bentwater. I use a brand new storage facility at the end of my road. The ramp i use is called scotts ridge recreation area. Takes about 5 min to hook up the boat and be on the water. There is also a gas station near by. The storage place is really nice but its pricey. all their units are 14' wide and they have them in 25' 35' 50' and 70' lengths(i think). They are $.32 per sq ft. Its called "A Storage Place". Really nice and super convenient for me anyways. Just a thought.....
Old 11-12-2012, 09:55 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 02 X-30
Oh yeah, I also happen to have a house for sale in the Woodlands...........