Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 11-08-2012, 07:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-45
People near The Woodlands,Tx - Storage / Dealer etc questions..

So looks like rather than the trip I was going to take down towards the end of the summer, I finally landed a Job in The Woodlands. I am going to be towing the boat down from Oregon the week after Thanksgiving. I am thinking just because of rain after I load all the stuff back into it (life jackets, ropes etc that I removed for winter storage, putting back for just the move) I am going to see about getting it Shrink Wrapped just because of any rain / snow I may have to drive though along the way.

SOOOO I saw a dealer right off 45 that had some nice Wakesetters, but is there a MC dealer around the area?

Anyone have indoor winter storage? I have been winterized and in heated storage since beginning of August. But I don't atleast for now want to store it at the house. I am looking for a place that can fit the X-45 and not cost an insane amount though.

Anyone have a really nice really cheap house they need to rent?

Anything else I should know about the area? I just got the offer pretty much 2 days ago and I have to be there Dec 3 so I am in a RUSH to find a place and get packed and drive down etc. I need to be on the road like no later than the monday after TG.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:56 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
I use Loch Ness storage up on lake Conroe. It's not climate controlled but you don't really need this in south Texas. I have a huge storage that I keep both boats in and it's 60' deep I think. It's cheap too. gts-20 keeps his on the south end and they valet launch. Pros and cons there... The boat house closes early so if you're not back in time then you need to make sure you bring your truck.

I have a realtor friend that may can help you find a place to rent, pm me if you want her contact info.

Dealer worth going to is going to be a ways from here. I don't use one but Gts-20 talks HIGHLY of Texas Ski Ranch.

Keep in touch bud and check your trailer out real good before hitting the road.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:16 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
That dealer off I45 is Daryl Moore Marine I'm guessing. They used to be a MC dealer, but no longer. I bought my old 205 from them way back when. They were good to me, but I have heard that things fell off there at some point. Looks like you're traveling.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Texas Ski ranch has been recommended a bunch.. Hopefully I will not be in need of a dealer anytime soon.

What kind of storage rates are you getting for indoor? I don't want to do valet if possible I just want a place to store. I would really like to keep at house during the summer when using all of the time. I could also look for just a cheap covered storage in the summer too near the house.

Kinda want to just throw it in there for the next few months after I get it there for now.

Got new tires on it about 20 miles ago, and bearing baths are the metal and look good so should be fine on trailer.. Need to make/buy/find a tow chain and probably rear straps though. We only ever used the wench since it's SOOOOO damn hard to get that huge boat off the trailer and I never tow far...different this time going to be 2600 miles... I am going a few miles out of my way to go down I-5 down to Bakersfield then over to I-10 so I can avoid going though the rockies in the winter. Will be a LOT less scenic but quicker and safer..
Old 11-08-2012, 08:35 PM
MC Hero

TSR is very good. But New Braunfels is probably at least 4 hours+ from the Woodlands. At that long of a drive, bring it to Tyler (about a 3 hour drive). My local Nautique dealer will be happy to work on it and I consider these guys to be the absolute best in the business, no ifs, ands, or buts.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
There's a lot of places around conroe to store boats. There is a mc dealer on the south end of conroe but they are more like a nautique, formula, and pontoon dealer that just happens to have mastercrafts. Yes darryl moore is on 45 with malibu's.

My boss has bought several mc from darryl moore and was happy with these guys, and when he bought his last mc from houston mc he said he would never buy another mc just because hmc jerked him around. My boss aka the owner of a new car dealership is a true boat guy.

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE

Last edited by j.mccreight@hotmail.com; 11-08-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft MariStar 210 VRS
+1 for TSR!!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:09 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
I think you can get into a storage building where I am for around 65 a month. Way back when I had a small one it was 57 but I bet it's went up a bit.

Sounds like easty is on to sum'n there... I think gts goes to TSR cuz they have fam over yonder.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
I think you can get into a storage building where I am for around 65 a month. Way back when I had a small one it was 57 but I bet it's went up a bit.

Sounds like easty is on to sum'n there... I think gts goes to TSR cuz they have fam over yonder.
That's less than I am paying now for sure... I might have a place I can throw it for the winter closer to my parents house in south Houston.. but not sure yet... Any contact info on your place?

NM I saw name in first post...
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com View Post
There's a lot of places around conroe to store boats. There is a mc dealer on the south end of conroe but they are more like a nautique, formula, and pontoon dealer that just happens to have mastercrafts. Yes darryl moore is on 45 with malibu's.

My boss has bought several mc from darryl moore and was happy with these guys, and when he bought his last mc from houston mc he said he would never buy another mc just because hmc jerked him around. My boss aka the owner of a new car dealership is a true boat guy.
Houston MC really shat the bed on the customer service side of things from many accounts on here. If there's a good Nautique dealer on south Conroe, see if they work on MCs. My local CC dealer worked on my MC for years and won a customer for life. PCM versus Indmar is not too different. And if they don't stock compatible parts, so much the better. In that case, you can shop the parts around on the web and won't be locked into buying the parts from the dealer at a huge markup.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club