Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2012, 10:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 and 1998 Baha Cruiser Mach 1 290
Water Intake leaking

Hello,

1989 Tristar had spent most of the summer working on getting this boat running. Once I got it running I had noticed that the boat had lots of water coming in the boat. I did notice and fix a leaking exhaust but today I noticed that the area around the water intake and along the I guess you could say seam that has caulk that looks pretty bad shape was leaking appeared to have water coming in.
1) can this be repaired by removing caulk and replacing with the 3m 5200 caulk or is it more serious than that?
2) around the water intake there seems to be some sort of rubber around the intake area that you can see in the picture, can this be easily repaired also?

I do not think this is where the majority of the water is coming from however. I know when I run the boat while at the dock I can rev the motor all day long and it doesnt seem to take on any water, its only when I go down the lake that I notice water comes in (when the back swim deck is under water) and it is a fair amount of water.. Is it possible that the area beneath the rub rail has some sort of leaking area to seal during the winter? Or any other areas to look at during the winter.

Thanks for any advice I know someone must have had similar problems.
Attached Images