Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 10-26-2012, 08:59 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by tls View Post
I recently sold a 2008 Yamaha 232 Limited. Great family boat, but we really couldn't ski behind it. Now that the kids are learning to ski, we felt it was time to make a change. I'd been thinking of maybe getting a 214 in a couple of years, but I couldn't wait that long...

That was my friend (Swibby69) who lives across the street from me. He sold a '95 190 and also bought an '03 197 earlier this spring. We live about a 2 miles east of the airport.

It's nice to know there are some local guys. I had talked to jkski a couple times by PM, and saw that you, zsqure, and captain planet were in the area. We'll have to get out together on the water in the spring!
Where do you and Swibby ski/boat at normally? jkski/mgboyd25 are WestBranch guys and CP, me and my brother (SN) are Berlin guys. Zsqure is ready for either since he was a newbie last year but Berlin sucked this year due to the limited rain!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-26-2012, 05:46 PM
MC Maniac

Oh, and by the way, GO BEARS!!! Beat Hoover!!

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-26-2012, 09:10 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 ProStar 197
Go Vikings!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:20 PM
MC Maniac

Is there a score???

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

Old 10-26-2012, 10:30 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Is there a score???
Forget it, we suck!

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

Old 10-27-2012, 08:00 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
The first 5 minutes were good though. Too many interceptions were thrown by the backup QB from our side.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:13 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 Prostar 197 TT
Double D,

We go to West Branch and Salt Fork alot. I've got a friend who has an old sport nautique docked on a private lake off of Middlebranch & 55th. We usually do most of our slalom skiing there. Swibby belongs to the boat club out at Milton. How do you like Berlin? Where do you usually put in at? Main part of lake or southwest end? Aside from this year, how deep is the lake usually? I had always heard it was kind of shallow with some submerged stumps...
Old 10-27-2012, 01:17 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Double D,

We go to West Branch and Salt Fork alot. I've got a friend who has an old sport nautique docked on a private lake off of Middlebranch & 55th. We usually do most of our slalom skiing there. Swibby belongs to the boat club out at Milton. How do you like Berlin? Where do you usually put in at? Main part of lake or southwest end? Aside from this year, how deep is the lake usually? I had always heard it was kind of shallow with some submerged stumps...
TLS, we also go to Salt Fork when the families go or Berlin is too low, which is most of this year. WE have also hooked up with our Buckeye Bash friends from Columbus at Salt Fork.

I'm pretty sure I know the lake your talking about. Calls311 lives on that lake and has a dark blue X1. I need to be better friends with him!

We (my brother and I) like Berlin the best because of the channel, the river part at the Southwest end. Best place to ski when your dealing with public. We used to put in at the dirt ramp at the Southwest end, but its not trailer friendly and as the water drops its harder to get in/out, so we started putting in by the damn (Northeast end) and just drive all the way back over to the channel.

Depending on where you are on Berlin, and the current depth, depends on how safe you are from stumps. When referring to the channel you need to know the lay of the land but its perfect when the water level is at or above 1024 elevation, which can be checked daily at 330.547.5445. Once it gets below that you need to know the area. Below 1019-1020, its time to stay somewhere else unless you can see underwater.

When the water is as low as this year even Westbranch is not safe. I heard about plenty of stump/rock hits there, including Hondaprlud in his SN.

I would be glad to give you the Berlin tour next spring if interested. Just let me know.

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

Old 10-27-2012, 03:02 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 Prostar 197 TT
Yep, we are talking about the same lake. I know Calls311 as well. I didn't know he was on this forum. I'd seen him out on the lake from time to time & finally met him this past year - he's a nice guy.

Great info about Berlin lake. I'd definitely like the tour in the spring. I've skied on the southwest part of the lake once with a friend who belongs to a private campground up there with access to a private ramp. Seemed like a nice, relatively protected area with few other boaters. I'm told their is a slalom course somewhere on that part of the lake - not sure if that's true, and whether it is a public or private course.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:27 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Yep, we are talking about the same lake. I know Calls311 as well. I didn't know he was on this forum. I'd seen him out on the lake from time to time & finally met him this past year - he's a nice guy.

Great info about Berlin lake. I'd definitely like the tour in the spring. I've skied on the southwest part of the lake once with a friend who belongs to a private campground up there with access to a private ramp. Seemed like a nice, relatively protected area with few other boaters. I'm told their is a slalom course somewhere on that part of the lake - not sure if that's true, and whether it is a public or private course.
Private Camp Ground with Ramp. Somebody else I need to befriend!

I have heard there was someone that used to put a course out there a while ago but have not seen one out there for many years. I know Captain Planet picked up one and was trying to get approval to put it up on Berlin. We'll see how he fairs.

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

Tags
2002, 2003, looking to buy, mastercraft, prostar 197