Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-26-2012, 01:50 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I created a monster with TxsRiverRat.

I mean he is like the brother I never had. Calls/texts every day about nonsense and risqué women, shoot the chit all day trying not to be bored at work, text material only allowed on the DS, crack dirty jokes, and talk major chit about our ex's.

Since he has taken his boat apart he has had this major OCD come into his life and he is going crazy. I mean all I get are boat texts now. Boat this boat that blah blah blah. The man needs to slow down before he hurts himself. His major boat overhaul will be done in a matter of days if he keeps on rushing this winter project.

Slow down buddy and enjoy the MCOCD. It's a lifestyle not something you rush along with. MCOCD is very serious and nothing to fool around with.

Now start sending the risqué texts again.

Btw I am rewarding him a few more MCOCD credits. I am moving him from level 3 to level 7 on the MCOCD scale.

Congratulations Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
LMFAO - thanks bro...

lets kill some coronas this weekend
There is some major man crush action going on here. You guys need to get a room for the weird chit that's gonna happen after you slam all those Coronas. Good thing you're not in Tennesee... I'd call you ButtChuggers.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:54 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
There is some major man crush action going on here. You guys need to get a room for the weird chit that's gonna happen after you slam all those Coronas. Good thing you're not in Tennesee... I'd call you ButtChuggers.

Tandem Axle Trailer Special
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 10-26-2012, 02:26 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
LOL - aint no buttchuggin goin on around here - if we were going to do that, we'd use malt liquor, yo!

I sat there lookin at my boat all taken apart and she looked all sad... I just want to get her put back together sooner than later

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 10-26-2012, 04:07 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
You guys need to start a youtube series...just might go viral......
Old 10-26-2012, 04:08 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
LOL - aint no buttchuggin goin on around here - if we were going to do that, we'd use malt liquor, yo!

I sat there lookin at my boat all taken apart and she looked all sad... I just want to get her put back together sooner than later
Ain't took apart unless their pic's...... you know the rules...
Old 11-05-2012, 04:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214, MCX, Mini-Tower
Ok ... this may be my worst example to date ... (even the though the company is not related) here goes ...

Me and Mrs. 93Prostar190 have been shopping for a replace rear entry door (for our house! .... you dirty minded old dudes.)

and anyways ... we went to Lowes .... nothing ... Home Depot ... nothing ... then Menards and they have .... you guessed it Mastercraft Doors ... so guess what ....We just bought a Mastercraft Door for our house ... yep.... that is how ridiculous I am ... I could not pass up on it ... called it fate right there in front of my wife. ....

I also hugged my boat this morning as it sat in the garage hibernating ....

Step#1 is admitting the problem,
Step#2 is buying some MC swag.
Step#3 has to do with the motorboat noises .

Peace.

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
Old 11-05-2012, 04:26 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Prostar190 View Post
I also hugged my boat this morning as it sat in the garage hibernating ....
man, had to read that twice, I thought you said humped!

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214, MCX, Mini-Tower
Quote:
man, had to read that twice, I thought you said humped!

Whatever it takes!

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
Old 11-05-2012, 09:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 Prostar 190, LT1 w/ Powerslot
Quote:
Generally I take good care of the things that I "invest" in. I've had a lot of toys for my young age, and never have I been told anythng but "wow, I can't believe how clean this is for its age" which means I'm doing something right.

I'd rather have fun, assist in others having fun, and accept the fact that sometimes you might have to vacuum out the boat after you eat lunch on it. Not worth stressing over IMO.
I agree on many accounts here. When you get a comment from a friend with a really nice $65-70k go fast boat that is 8 years old comment on how clean your 17 year old boat that was a fraction of the price is, you become a little more aware about the pride that you take in keeping it clean.

Honestly, there are two ways I have fun in my boat:
1) Being on a rope behind it doing any number of watersports activities. Yes, tubing is definitely one of them even though it is at the bottom of the list.
2) Seeing friends and family having a great time skiing, tubing, wakeboarding or just relaxing and having a great time. A great memory of the boat was one day this summer with two long time and very close friends of mine. We spent a couple hours getting one of my friends up on a wakeboard (complete newbie to anything behind a boat) for the first time. Then also getting another back up on two skis after an 8 year hiatus. Very cool to see both of them as ecstatic as they were about their accomplishments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phntmski View Post
I keep her clean and plan on prettying her up a little more this winter. I just want her fully functional. That's how she shines.

I enjoy pulling skiers almost as much as I enjoy skiing behind her. When someone new to my boat goes out the first time, or really someone who hasn't been out in her this year, I almost always hear comments on how bad *** she is. Gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Bottom line, I'm blessed in so many ways.
See my comment above. I love that warm fuzzy feeling when someone really likes the boat. I especially love the comments when they see the LT1 'under the hood'. I too feel very blessed to be able to have the means to people having fun on a lake in the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pram View Post
I am with you on this one.

I spray and wipe down the boat when it comes out of the water.

I fix **** that breaks, if I don't need it fixed, I don't need it in the boat

I put 67+ hours on my boat this summer, I don't have time for all the BS everyone else does to their boats, I am too busy using it to wax the bilge
I did 72+ hours (very similar to your amount) this summer and was the same way. Too much time spent doing everything else in this thing called life than to be too anal about things other than keeping it up to certain standards.

That is not to say that I don't keep it extra clean and in the best mechanical shape that I am able. I had it covered for the last month 'winterized' just in case there wasn't another nice day to get out. After a month, the typical crap accumulated under the cover and things were not as clean as normal. A friend made a comment that it was dirty compared to normal. Honestly, it was still cleaner than plenty of other boats I have seen. Like mzimme, at my younger age I have had a few toys and they all stay very clean and functional even though some have higher miles or hours and have been ridden hard and put away wet at times.

I'd say I fall into the MCOCD scale at about a 6. Crazy enough to keep it extra clean and mechanically sound, but bring whatever you want to eat on board. Just know that I make the rules and they can change at any time.

My basic rules:
  • You spill it, you clean it.
  • Take your shoes off at the dock or ramp if weather is warm enough. If it is too cold to take your shoes/sandals off, just don't step on the seats please.
  • Know that you may be asked to take care of just about anything while on the water (pulling in ski ropes, helping tie a line at a dock, grabbing a ski or towel from under the bow, handing over the next cold beverage...)
  • I put all the gas in the boat and truck and don't expect anything in return except for you to have a good time. No good time, you might not be coming back..
    Not quite a rule, but I LOVE it when someone offers to help wipe down the boat or cover it when we get home. Even though I rarely utilize that offer in its fullest capacity, those people always get invited back.

Edit: The other way you know? You spent 20 minutes writing a post for this thread and could really go on for hours...
I think this thread shows a lot about peoples personalities.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:25 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
I use to be extremely OCD about my previous boat as you can see by the pics below

Name:  boat 214.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  62.4 KB

Name:  boat 217.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  81.7 KB

Name:  boat 221.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  69.5 KB

Name:  boat 216.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  boat 220.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  98.2 KB

Name:  Picture 007.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  32.8 KB

Last edited by trickskier; 11-08-2012 at 04:28 PM.