Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 10-23-2012, 04:58 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Matercraft Prostar 190, LTR330,powerslot,PP,heater
mastercraft trailer quality

I have been doing some trailer maintenance the last week after having a few squeaks (2000 tandem underneath a Prostar 190). Quite disappointed in the quality of components used in the construction. Firstly none of the shackle bolts or bushes are greasable, very thin nylon bushes used and I love the good old US of A brand on the rocker. Don't get me wrong I like my boat, but man-o-man it is a budget trailer. I have purchased greasable shackle bolts, bronze bushes and set about getting it right. I never realised just how thin the trailer chassis material was until now either. Anyway just had to get this off my chest. Is this genuine Mastercraft stuff or has somebody been here before me?
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2012, 07:04 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
I have a 1995 single axle with the same setup. I have put many miles on my trailer..but it squeaks. Want to replace these bushings and bolts as well. I believe the trailers where designed this way because of the amount of stress and travel this suspension is exposed to. Nice inexpensive upgrade and kudo's to you to make your trailer safer.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:41 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermegan View Post
Quite disappointed in the quality of components used in the construction.
Welcome to the club lol

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...