Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 10-17-2012, 02:30 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Metalflake Blue on Grey S&S Powerslot, 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Flyer View Post
Tricks quick release probably. I had one long time ago that way. Looooonnnnggggg time ago!
I think trick release holes are on the other side of the pylon. Wasn't that boat was used in ski shows. Don't they connect all kinds of things to pylons for delta kites, pyramids, flags etc. at those shows? Perhaps the holes were used for that purpose.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
I've seen this mentioned a lot... but what do you do about the remote wire? When a head unit turns on it sends a signal to an amp to power up. Without a head unit to send that signal, what do you do?
All it is looking for is 12 volts. With my boat still having points I ran the blue wire i beleive to a switch on the observers seat where the drivers feet goes. I flip that switch on to turn the amp on and off.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tph View Post
I think trick release holes are on the other side of the pylon. Wasn't that boat was used in ski shows. Don't they connect all kinds of things to pylons for delta kites, pyramids, flags etc. at those shows? Perhaps the holes were used for that purpose.
The holes go all the way through to the front. . . unless you meant the holes for that device go laterally port to starboard (or vice versa).
Old 10-17-2012, 10:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1988 ProStar 200, 1991 Mercury 2.5L 200hp XRi Outboard
This is my set up for our 86 skier....
Its handy, probably not everyone's choice but under the circumstances, the clarion works just fine, remote head unit mounted under the bow hooked up to 2 amps and running 4- 6.5 Polk audio speakers, I used 2 pairs of the 1" component speakers / tweeters on the dash too. it does just fine for us.
the hour meter had to be relocated its all.
hope this helps[/quote]

I too used the Clarion and very pleased with it. Installed 5 1/4" Polk DBs in the observer seat. Retained the factory located 6X9s behind the rear bench.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Metalflake Blue on Grey S&S Powerslot, 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by strad View Post
The holes go all the way through to the front. . . unless you meant the holes for that device go laterally port to starboard (or vice versa).
I meant the holes in the pylon. The stock pylon came with a small hole on the front of the pylon which mated to a pin on a trick release. (see pic #1) Those holes look like they were for something more industrial strength (perhaps a multi trick release or show hook like picture #2). Also, Marine World used to fly flags from the pylons.(pic #3) Maybe something was attached using those holes to support the flag staff.
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2012, 03:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes Powerslot
Thanks tph. Love that pic of the two MCs. I've been sorta half looking for possible pics of [i]my[i] boat at Marine world, but haven't done much research yet. That pic is an older vintage than mine I think. Also mine has a "POWERSLOT" oval metal sign at that base of the middle of the windshield, which the two boats in the pic do not have. Does anybody know if that is stock on a powerslot? It looks stock.

Last edited by strad; 10-19-2012 at 03:37 PM.