Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-05-2012, 04:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1983 Skier 190 Stars and Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckguy View Post
So 03 ever thought about selling?
Cant do it, way too much time into her and we have way to much fun with her.

Sorry man.

JTR
"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of GREED-the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of all men will pass, and dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die Liberty will never perish."
-Charles Chaplin-
Old 10-05-2012, 05:22 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
But if you're looking to get a run behind a stars and stripes locally, hit me up.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1972 MasterCraft w. Holman Moody
As the Temp was 80-ish on Saturday the Wife and I took the S&S downtown to goof off. It is 35 miles round trip and that takes one full take of gas (boat holds about 12 gals) Walked up the dock to the bus/train stop that is downtown, hopped on the free bus that runs to the Gulch, had lunch and beer(ssss) at Bar Louie, then hopped the free bus back downtown - did some tourist watching (downtown was packed!) Boat ride home around 5. Dock to dock takes me appox 40 mins each way
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2012, 05:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X45 and 89 barefoot 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
As the Temp was 80-ish on Saturday the Wife and I took the S&S downtown to goof off. It is 35 miles round trip and that takes one full take of gas (boat holds about 12 gals) Walked up the dock to the bus/train stop that is downtown, hopped on the free bus that runs to the Gulch, had lunch and beer(ssss) at Bar Louie, then hopped the free bus back downtown - did some tourist watching (downtown was packed!) Boat ride home around 5. Dock to dock takes me appox 40 mins each way

I have been curious if I would be able to make that trip on a tank of fuel in my boat (1990 prostar 190 with 454). I drove up to commodore yacht club and back at cruising speed and used around half a tank. Would definately have to fuel up at rock harbor. I would top it off going and coming just to be safe.

I might have to make the trip next yr during cmt fest. Before the flood we would take the X45. We would have a blast.

Has anyone reopened the restaurant at rock harbor or have you heard of any plans to reopen.

Nice boat. Glad she is running strong after the flood.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:26 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Love that '72

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 10-15-2012, 07:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft Limited 351W slot
Quote:
The Gulch!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Metalflake Blue on Grey S&S Powerslot, 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckguy View Post
So 03 ever thought about selling?
Are you in the market Duckguy?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1972 MasterCraft w. Holman Moody
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff shelton View Post
I have been curious if I would be able to make that trip on a tank of fuel in my boat (1990 prostar 190 with 454). I drove up to commodore yacht club and back at cruising speed and used around half a tank. Would definately have to fuel up at rock harbor. I would top it off going and coming just to be safe.

I might have to make the trip next yr during cmt fest. Before the flood we would take the X45. We would have a blast.

Has anyone reopened the restaurant at rock harbor or have you heard of any plans to reopen.

Nice boat. Glad she is running strong after the flood.

Rock Harbor has built a place for a eatery/bar, so Blue Moon will live again. The owner needs to work out who will run the place. Next year I am hoping some eatery will be in there.
On going downtown - carry the gas with you and refill once downtown. Cheaper and time saving. I will carry 5 gals next time, just in case.
Thanks on the boat comment - she was sunk in the flood (along with everything else I owned); engine was toast and had her rebuilt from the block outward. This winter I am hoping to recarpet her and do some electrical items.
ps- I am the first dock coming out of Commodore - give a shout if your close
Old 10-16-2012, 12:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X45 and 89 barefoot 190
Quote:
Rock Harbor has built a place for a eatery/bar, so Blue Moon will live again. The owner needs to work out who will run the place. Next year I am hoping some eatery will be in there.
On going downtown - carry the gas with you and refill once downtown. Cheaper and time saving. I will carry 5 gals next time, just in case.
Thanks on the boat comment - she was sunk in the flood (along with everything else I owned); engine was toast and had her rebuilt from the block outward. This winter I am hoping to recarpet her and do some electrical items.
ps- I am the first dock coming out of Commodore - give a shout if your close
After I asked the question I got online and own the Rock Harbor website it says Blue Moon coming soon. Also noticed that commodore yacht club sells fuel to public. I didn't know that. I have always just gotten fuel from Rock Harbor. I'm glad to here the restaurant will reopen the wife and I had said that we would like to cruise up and eat dinner.
As far as the trip to downtown. I'm at river marker 155, commodore yacht club is at 172, Rock Harbor is at 175 and downtown is at 191. 36 miles one way (I would presume that is nautical miles) which would really mean 41 miles. I would definately stop going and coming and top off the fuel. I had planned to carry 10 gal extra just in case.
If we decide to venture up sometime next summer I will try and get in touch. Maybe we could cruise over to Rock Harbor and have a couple cold ones.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2011 Sanger DXII L96
I am for the right boat