Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-13-2012, 07:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
^good to know!
Old 10-14-2012, 12:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X-25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
Due t the pain in the but having to switch screens constantly to adjust volumn, I decided that i am going to get a Clarion remote added just behind the throttle arm.
Did you not get a remote control for your 2012 Clarion stereo? I did with my X-25. Works great, especially if you have a kid who likes to man the controls when a rider bails ...
Old 10-14-2012, 05:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
I ordered the RF remote, will install in the spring.

I would like to know what the release schedule is and what known bugs are being addresses. I hear that a release is coming in a few months.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X45 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
Due t the pain in the but having to switch screens constantly to adjust volumn, I decided that i am going to get a Clarion remote added just behind the throttle arm. I was considering mounting it like the 2013, but I really like the cubby hole - great place for my phone and sun glasses

IF MC decided to change out my BIG for a murphy system, then I would say with confidence, that my X25 will be the perfect boat.
I plan on doing the same thing with the remote. Its pretty easy from what I have seen and will help out alot. I wish they would change out the screens. I feel like for the amount of money that everyone in 2012 paid a boat, the screen should be changed automatically and a retro fit kinda like the power tower. This would make MC come out on top because of making things right and not losing business in the future because I have a bad taste in my mouth about the touch screens and purchasing another MC because of the way they have handled this. I wish higher up employees would read these forums to see what the people that buy their product and keep there business going because of how highly MC owners think of there boats and see what they really think about the boats. MC needs to look into this.

Anyone have email addresses for the CEO or president that we can all start emailing or something. I feel like if enough of us start saying things then maybe we can get this fixed.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:53 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
They won't switch to the Murphy system in 12's. the Murphy system must have an Econtrols ECM and the Murphy system is designed to work specifically with the 2013 ilmor line up. I sell to Econtrols(they are the electronics manufacturer for FW Murphy) and they told me they won't interchange. It is a closed loop system that is why it works so well.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X45 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskonn View Post
They won't switch to the Murphy system in 12's. the Murphy system must have an Econtrols ECM and the Murphy system is designed to work specifically with the 2013 ilmor line up. I sell to Econtrols(they are the electronics manufacturer for FW Murphy) and they told me they won't interchange. It is a closed loop system that is why it works so well.
man well thats not good to hear. I guess im stuck with a peice of sh#t screen that might work or might not. MC really put a bad taste in my mouth. Im not in the position to buy a new boat every year like some(I wish I was though). I would lose alot of money if I tried to sell this boat if it could evem be sold. I was under the impression that MC was the best but I was better off with my 05 malibu that never had one problem in the 8 years that I owned it. I thought that the touch screen would be great to have but now Im wishing that I wouldnt have gotten it.

So what do you do if in two years the screen goes out? I have the extended warrenty but what will that do for me if MC doesnt even use that system any more?
Old 10-14-2012, 07:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

(Written while others were responding)

Few options:

1. Replace the entire system with a Murphy.

I called FW Murphy and emailed with them to understand what a migration would look like. The short story is that it is complicated and would require a lot of work. The wiring harness connecting most of the controlled devices would need to be replaced. The gauges and of course the screen would also need to be replaced. After that there are different sensors and buttons ( ones that run down the sides of the 2013 screen) and dash plates. Maybe a computer module and perhaps, Zero-off would be added, I don't know if that's how the 13's are built.

2. Fix the bugs with the software and replace the hardware (sensors) that are creating the problems. I think this is logical, likely and certainly within their capabilities.

What do we need to do?

Be focused, precise and concise. The problems that are solved, make sure we highlight that and avoid dumping them into the bucket.

For bugs outstanding, describe the condition leading up to the failure and what the environmentals are:

- version of firmware
- were you in gear, what rpm,speed (as I understand it, the optimal fill/drain rpm is a minimum of 1500rpms)
- what options are you using with the panel ? Tabs, plate, radio, cruise, ballasts, PnP ballasts ...
- does it happen often, any conditions that it doesn't happen, what changed (if anything)
- what advice did you act on? (Dealer, online forum, own intuition, MC )

Last edited by KahunaCraft; 10-17-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:56 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
the 2013 are all Zero off, that is the speed control built by Econtrols(FW Murphy) and integrates with the ECM, which again is why Zero Off works so well.

The guys I know with 2012 have all had good luck getting issues fixed with our local dealer. My local dealer said that MC is pushing Medallion pretty hard to fix these issues.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Never mind...Is the 12 Ilmor that much different than the 13? The ECM would mean a lot more stuff....

Last edited by KahunaCraft; 10-17-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-30 6.0L Red w/Silver Flake
Once my 2012 BIG Screen was replaced in June, it has worked great. Based on my conversations with our MC area rep I am very confident that MC will stand behind this system and do all they can to work out the bugs.

Disclaimer: I just sold my '12 and ordered a '13