Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 09-12-2012, 10:55 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 205 LT-R
1999 Prostar 205 DD set up

I've experimented all summer with how to set up the ballast for my PS205DD for wakesurfing. This past weekend we finally got it right! I have a 900lb bag in the rear locker, a 750 bag on the port side by the motorbox pushed up close to the observer's seat, and a 450 bag sitting halfway on top of the observer's seat and halfway on the 750 bag. My wife behind the wheel and nobody else in the boat. 10-ish mph, gentle turn to port, and viola!....a great wave. Speed is critical, a bit too slow and it gets frothy, just above 10 mph and it suddenly shapes into a respectable wave. I can only imagine it getting better with guests sitting on the bags and up front. Going straight made the wave a bit smaller, but "longer" if that makes sense. My rubrail was not close to the water at all.

We use a Liquid Force 5'2" Noserider, me 160 lbs.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Tige RZ2, previously 99 MC205
On my 99 205 we run a integrated bow sac up front (300-350), and a 750 in the rear locker. We remove the rear seat and put one 450 where the seat was and pushed up to the side were surfing, and another 450 beside the doghouse on that side. At 10 mph exactly it make a pretty decent surf wave on the regular side. Goofy side doesn't want to clean up as nice so next season i think i'll try a little more weight and see if that helps.

These arent exactly a great surf boat, but a few of my friends with bigger v-drives have been quite impressed it works as good as it does.