Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-28-2012, 09:07 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
New Liquid Ego V GoPro Hero2

Just an FYI, if you haven't seen the new Liquid Ego's that just came out. They are pretty cool. A definit rival to the GoPro. Now don't get me wrong I love my GoPro and all its mounts and durability of the cases. But the EGO comes out of the box with some cool accessories built in. Wifi capable out of the box, water resistant stand alone, 1080p 30fps, 720p60fps, 12mp camera, takes a micro sd card and the list goes on and on. Control it with your smart phone. android and Iphone capable out of the box. And new firmware has been announced for a lot of upgrades etc. I included some new photos and a link to their website.

$179.99 at most places.

http://shops.hookit.com/liquidimage/...ed727R/68.aspx
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2012, 09:10 AM
MC Devotee

Figured you might want to see the mount it comes with. Looks like the GoPro but does not fit GoPro mounts. The mount actually screws into the bottom of the camera
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2012, 10:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X1
Looks good. I wonder if it will be as durable.

One question, do you like your humanoid surf board? I was thinking of picking one up but can't find a review anywhere.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:28 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar Racing View Post
Looks good. I wonder if it will be as durable.

One question, do you like your humanoid surf board? I was thinking of picking one up but can't find a review anywhere.
You can buy a waterproof case for diving and whatnot. So that doubles as the durable case for action sports.

I love the Humanoid surfboard. Everyone gets up first try. Great surf board for everyone on the boat. No matter the size.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: supra comp
for any hunters out there one thing i did find for the gopro that i thought was cool was gogunmount.com they have camo for cases and amount for pretty much all rifles shotguns and bows,,,,i love my gopro but that is a neat looking camera

Last edited by jasonba1; 08-28-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: misspelled words
Old 08-28-2012, 02:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
cool, wifi connect to Iphone with app. view and adjust live time, current app has a 2 sec lag time but they're work'n on second version with 0 lag time.
I think I just found my next toy
Old 08-28-2012, 05:47 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
cool, wifi connect to Iphone with app. view and adjust live time, current app has a 2 sec lag time but they're work'n on second version with 0 lag time.
I think I just found my next toy
http://youtu.be/ObcY7sYQUNw

Thats exactly what I was thinking

I made a small video with it. I only brought one mount and I put it on a spot that vibrates way too much. So I turned around before I went any further. I don't want to lose my new toy right away.. But you can see it does very well with a propeller and bad with high vibration
Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
Just an FYI, if you haven't seen the new Liquid Ego's that just came out. They are pretty cool. A definit rival to the GoPro. Now don't get me wrong I love my GoPro and all its mounts and durability of the cases. But the EGO comes out of the box with some cool accessories built in. Wifi capable out of the box, water resistant stand alone, 1080p 30fps, 720p60fps, 12mp camera, takes a micro sd card and the list goes on and on. Control it with your smart phone. android and Iphone capable out of the box. And new firmware has been announced for a lot of upgrades etc. I included some new photos and a link to their website.

$179.99 at most places.

http://shops.hookit.com/liquidimage/...ed727R/68.aspx
Traxx, you say water resistant but I dont see that on the web site.... Do you know Resistant to splash or can it be submerged? Thanks for the assist!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 08-28-2012, 08:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
The Ego will have a water proof case by Labor day, per manufacture, they say its good beyond 150'
wonder what the wifi signal is that deep?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:59 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Traxx, you say water resistant but I dont see that on the web site.... Do you know Resistant to splash or can it be submerged? Thanks for the assist!
Resistant to 15 meters deep for 30 min I believe is what I read. So basically splash resistant is what I got from it if thats not exact.