Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2012, 02:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft x1 2006
Yeah the dealer was rayburns. The tough part up here is that for 8 of your 12 huge boat payments, the lake is almost unusable, certainly 7 of 12. I was just interested to see how folks were doing it
Old 08-25-2012, 02:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
lol 27... you'll have kids some day. If you don't want to, go get snipped now
Already ahead of ya. No kids in this household. Lol.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:53 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
I will chime in, not sure of this is normal for Mastercraft dealers but at my local dealer in Texas (Near San Antonio) they have told me that 75% of their buyers pay cash. The rest typically have loans ranging from 6-15 years. When I bought my X2 last year I paid cash, the guy I sold my 03 X30 to for 35K put down 15K and financed the rest for 5 years.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:34 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Its definitely not the same for every buyer. I can't imagine 75% of people that buy a brand new boat pay with cash... but who knows. I sure hope so, that'd be great. For those that can't afford to drop 80-100+ grand on a boat at the dealer, the used market is a great thing. MC has made amazing boats since the 60's. Nothing wrong with getting an old school vintage and loving the hell out of it for years to come.

I envy all of those able to buy the new boats, and I know some day my day will come, but now that's not in cards. I'll enjoy my old skier for a while... as I'm sure lots of others will be happy with their older MC as well.

The best part about the MC family is that nobody cares what year your boat came from. They only care that it works, works well, and that you're happy with it. If it doesn't work well, there's a whole hell of a lotta people that will help you get it working well on these forums. Long live the MC's...
Old 08-25-2012, 08:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 Prostar 209
I had a conversation with my brother while at the lake about 8 years ago and I told him that I thought inboard manufactures would price themselves out of buisness once boats hit $80,000 but I was wrong. I just could not imagine who could possibly spend $80,000 on a boat. Not only that but you would think after a few years the few who could afford it would still be hanging onto that same boat and not returning to buy another one.

I just keep thinking that at some point we are going to see a global reset on pricing of large ticket items because people will finally wake up and see that a GM Tahoe made on a ladder frame truck platform (that has been around forever) is not worth damn near $70,000.

Please understand that I am all for those who have worked hard and can afford a new boat, I just find it hard to believe that a boat it worth $100,000 and that there are enough people willing to spend it.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:41 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
MMS is the biggest dealer in the world for a reason. I know here in Alberta, particularly in the city I'm from, average household income is about twice what a new MC costs. It's nothing in Alberta to make 100K/year. When you have that much coming in a month a 1000 dollar payment is nothing. Every second house here has at least one 60K vehicle while many have 2.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:47 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
*snip*

The best part about the MC family is that nobody cares what year your boat came from. They only care that it works, works well, and that you're happy with it. If it doesn't work well, there's a whole hell of a lotta people that will help you get it working well on these forums. Long live the MC's...
this analogy reminds me of "party cove"...... it's not what ya brung, it's the fact that you're there

seen them pull up in flat bottom boats and they were just as welcome there as the yacht guys
I think the common bond is boats & water

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 08-25-2012, 10:10 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps205 View Post
*snip*

I just keep thinking that at some point we are going to see a global reset on pricing of large ticket items because people will finally wake up and see that a GM Tahoe made on a ladder frame truck platform (that has been around forever) is not worth damn near $70,000.
wonder if this one has carpet.?
FLEET vehicle with FRONT BENCH
Attached Images

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 08-25-2012, 10:22 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
It is a fair question and something I wonder all the time as I ride down our river and see huge houses with two and three boats sitting at the end of a pier. Too many people try and "keep up with the Joneses." As for me, both of my MCs have been used and I've paid cash for them both. Just my $.02.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Maristar LT-1
In 1990 I bought my first and only new boat, a MasterCrsft ProStar 190, for just a hair under $20,000.00. At that time, you could buy a brand new, full size, well equipped truck for about the same money. As we all know, new trucks, MC boats and everything else has gone up. However what I see is MC boats have gone up disproportionately. A top of the line Ford/Dodge/Chevrolet truck (4X4, diesel, leather, crew cab, all options) can be bought for around $55,000.00, give or take a few thousand. A top of the line MC boat is how much?...$125,000.00-$150,000.00. The average working "Joe" has pretty much been pushed out of the new boat market and even the used ones are barely affordable unless they're getting some years on them.
Bill