Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2012, 06:02 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1988 Mastercraft Tristar 190
How to hide a fat sac

I have a 1988 Mastercraft Tristar 190 that has had the rear seat modified to create a sundeck that conceals a fat sac. The sundeck is made of the seat parts so I still have all the seat parts. The 'problem' is that I could really use the seating but we also love the sundeck; and I am not willing to give up the sac! So, I was looking at the boat one day trting to figure out how keep the sac concealed and plumbed in while having the rear seat. I know some people put the sac on the seat but I dont want to do that. I noticed that the floor of my boat, where the seat is supposed to go, is elevated from the rest of the floor. I was wondering if I can hide the sac under the floor and put the seat back in its original position. I am not sure what is under the floor in this area. Does anybody else know? Oh yeah, and it would be really cool if I could some how make the rear seat convert into a sundeck. I am sure with a little time and thought I could figure out how to do all of this but I figured if somebody else has already done it, well....why reinvent the wheel!

These are the pics that I have so far. I will get more of the rerar sundeck/fat sac area soon

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Attached Images

Tags
1988, fat sac, fix, floor, tristar