Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-26-2012, 05:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Prostar 205
A little far, but could be a good deal and its a '91.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...ch=mastercraft
Old 07-26-2012, 06:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
[quote=mxhideout;862387]I'm on way too many forums already, but there's a lot of useful stuff on here... Long story short, my dad had an early 80s MC many years ago, sold that and eventually bought a new '98 Gecko after building our house. Sold that about 6-7 years ago, and now that most of the kids are driving now, me and my parents have been itching to get another boat. Been looking for '87 and newer prostars for the last couple months, and they're all asking too much or they sell before we can get out there (they're all far away too).

I don't want to make this post too long, so I just wanted to say I'm going to look at a 1989 prostar 190 this Saturday. Still waiting to get more info/pics, but here's what I have been told so far. It's the 454 bbc, has a broken water pump mount from dropping the engine cover on it. Motor turns over (start is a little noisy), and the owners friend says he saw him driving it earlier this year. Interior is completely shot, and you can see there's a hole in the right rear of the boat.

So it definitely needs some work, but it's cheap, and me and my dad are willing to do some work to get it running. We'd prefer the 351 w/powerslot, but this should do for now if there's little to nothing else wrong with it.

QUOTE]

Someone would have to pay for my gas, food and lodging to haul that boat off. Too much obvious neglect, no telling what else will show up when you try to get it running. As already stated, there are a ton of nice boats around for under 7K. Just be patient.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:22 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Boat pricing does nothing but drop until spring. Seems if you don't sell your boat by the 4th of July in this part of the country, you either have to drop your price substantially or keep if over winter.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 07-26-2012, 07:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '91 PS190, 351 w/'slot
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
An example of what you can get for $6500

1989 Mastercraft Prostar 190

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/3149758291.html
I was ready to look at it last Saturday, but got no response. He emailed me once and texted me once giving little info. I tried calling, emailing, texting. I just gave up...
Old 07-26-2012, 07:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhudgins View Post

Someone would have to pay for my gas, food and lodging to haul that boat off. Too much obvious neglect, no telling what else will show up when you try to get it running. As already stated, there are a ton of nice boats around for under 7K. Just be patient.
Why do you say that? I mean, if the engine runs, I figure even if we put 2g's into it, it would be a pretty good deal. Forgot to mention it has 790 hours, if that makes a difference.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:09 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Not everyone has the ability or time to work a project boat. I have been having a blast working on mine since I got it. Not sure what I would do with all my free time if I weren't out working on the boat.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 07-26-2012, 11:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

I already have a lot of projects, what's one more! However, once again I am getting no response from this guy, and he is the one that emailed me about it through my 'wanted' ad! Craigslist people......
Old 07-27-2012, 09:31 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1989 ProStar 190
Agree with Pram. NO care. Not even wiped down afterwards for many years. The upholstery doesn't look original, either, motor cover isn't. Our '89 Prostar has 733 hrs., we're the third owner. I see now how much my TLC on the seats and the waxings really keep it looking great. This made me sick. Someone asked me the other day if our seats were original as they look pretty darn good. They are but they get some care, at least! This person didn't care enough about taking care of the boat to keep it looking even half-way decent, you know they didn't do any maintenance on the engine, either. Keep looking. Too many obvious issues, how many hidden?
Old 07-27-2012, 09:44 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Yeah, not to mention the giant hole in the rear starboard side...
Old 07-27-2012, 09:55 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
If the exterior is any indication on how the interior and trailer have been maintained you'll have a lot more than $2K into by the time you fix all the unseen gremlins. That boat in it's current condition wouldn't be worth more than $2K for me to touch it. But to each his own.

Tags
bbc 454, mastercraft prostar, prostar190