Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 07-06-2012, 10:29 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksfamX2 View Post
Nice, but you should put a new coupler on to make it look new........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
I'd like to see a few more detailed pictures of that piece that you nose the boat and tie it down. Not bad looking and I am over the typical crapola setup for landing a boat back onto the trailer.

You need a new and more sturdy coupler.... $0.02

Yes, I know already!! I even said; "I think I need to invest in a new coupler now..." I will take care of it.

Cloaked, I can get you more detail on the vertical v-pad, send me a PM. However, not sure what you mean about typical crapola?? Whats up??

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-07-2012, 05:39 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 190, 1994, 350 TBI 308hp.
hmm, well yesterday I put back on my polished raw water pump with new impellor and installed a new Precision Star GPS speedo. My right speedo was getting really slow getting up to speed. I had installed a new pick up and all new tubing and it didn't help. Had to put my bimini on yesterday, it was 105 here.

Also, buddy got his newly painted 94 205 back and had already installed his new interior - skins from Mastercraft and paid someone $400 to put the skins on the pads and motor box. He put a sound deadner kit under the motor box and the boat is quiet; exahust sounds great out the back. He got everything except a couple of side pocket pads, the boat looks amazing. We had a problem with his fuel pump relay but got that working but did order a new one to keep as a spare.

Last edited by bret; 07-07-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:34 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Cloaked, I can get you more detail on the vertical v-pad, send me a PM. However, not sure what you mean about typical crapola?? Whats up??
Crapola as in, the typical boat buddy / roller / type setup on my trailer. I can see this as an improvement to my preferences of landing on my trailer. However, I'd very much want to add a tiedown to the bow eye to trailer, other than just a winch, something similar to the Boat Buddy tie down for the bow. I have those on the rear of my trailer and they are convenient for use. These boats will come off a trailer much easier than what one thinks.

Thanks for the details of the vertical bunk. Heck, just post them up here. My PM box is broken...

Thank you

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 07-07-2012, 08:59 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1988 ProStar 200, 1991 Mercury 2.5L 200hp XRi Outboard
Installed a pair of Polk DB 521 Speakers under observer seat. Wax job and ready to hit the water this weekend.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:57 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Good point! My brother owned a 1999 SN with an Eagle trailer. The vertical v-pad setup is the exact model he had on his trailer and I ordered it from Eagle directly. I had to do nothing with my trailer as it bolted right over my main strut. The only issue I had was I had to tell them it was for one of their trailers and what boat type it was for, since they change the setup based on the boat. At the time I knew his would fit mine so I just told them is was a 99 SN, and it works great!!

Yeah, I dont do that boat buddy / roller crapola either. Drive into the pads, drive off.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Quote:
Crapola as in, the typical boat buddy / roller / type setup on my trailer. I can see this as an improvement to my preferences of landing on my trailer. However, I'd very much want to add a tiedown to the bow eye to trailer, other than just a winch, something similar to the Boat Buddy tie down for the bow. I have those on the rear of my trailer and they are convenient for use. These boats will come off a trailer much easier than what one thinks.

Thanks for the details of the vertical bunk. Heck, just post them up here. My PM box is broken...

Thank you

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-07-2012, 12:30 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 prostar 205V
Smile

Inspected fluid in surge brake reservior since have been having a few situations where the backup solenoid didn't seem to be working. Found it almost empty and full of water/rust! Amazing the brakes even worked! Seems the is a pretty typical issue with UFP a-60 brake actuators. Considering just replacing the entire m/c sliding unit now as potential replacement parts could be as much as a whole new sliding assembly.

Guess what I'll be posting next weekend in the "what did you do to your boat today?" thread
Old 07-07-2012, 03:31 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC 1999 Maristar 230 sport
Replaced bow stop. Trying a roller type.
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2012, 07:03 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Good point! My brother owned a 1999 SN with an Eagle trailer. The vertical v-pad setup is the exact model he had on his trailer and I ordered it from Eagle directly. I had to do nothing with my trailer as it bolted right over my main strut. The only issue I had was I had to tell them it was for one of their trailers and what boat type it was for, since they change the setup based on the boat. At the time I knew his would fit mine so I just told them is was a 99 SN, and it works great!!

Yeah, I dont do that boat buddy / roller crapola either. Drive into the pads, drive off.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks. I'll call then on Monday and ask for dimensions, etc.

That sucker sure looks welded instead of bolted. Maybe just the way I am looking.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Last edited by Cloaked; 07-07-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:40 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:

Thank you
The BEST system, happened to be the most PIA system MC had on there trailers. And that was the dreaded front eye bar. But I can attest, it saved my brand new boat from a 55 MPH crash. The boat NEVER moved an inch!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:51 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtajpa View Post
Replaced bow stop. Trying a roller type.
The center roller looks a little narrow.