Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 06-28-2012, 10:50 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Prostar 205
HO Coefficient X SL

Let me start by saying I am a free skier and have been riding a Connelly Concept for the past ten years. The Concept is a good ski, but when you get on something like the HO Coefficient X you quickly realize all of the Concepts flaws. I skied a friends HO Phantom that is close to ten years old also and loved the feel of it (faster, more stable), this is what lead me to the Coefficient X. My local shop recommended the Coex because it is similar to the Phantom, but with some newer materials and design technology. So I picked one up, went out on it Saturday for the first time and was blown away at how well it skis! It was only my second run of the year and I felt right at home on it. It is super fast across the wakes and really holds in the turns. I have only skied the course a handful of times, but I'm positive this ski will up my buoy count immediately, I know course skiing is more the skier than the ski, but I'm really feeling this thing (I will report back on this as soon as I get a chance).

Oh, for boots I got the double Attack boot, love them also! You get the comfort of a soft boot and the performance of a hard boot.

Here is a GoPro video of one of my runs from the chest cam angle, fun stuff!
http://71.195.227.196/scottski.wmv
Old 06-28-2012, 05:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
You're killing me! Watching that while waiting for the weekend and your skiing in shorts! My 52 degree water is waiting for me in my drysuit. I just switched from the Concept to the 2012 Radar Strada and havent had a chance to make my first pass. Nice choice with the Coefficient, I have read lots of great reviews about it.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:25 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: lewis tornado 350 chev 1984
sweet conditions your sking in makes a bloke keen for summer
Old 07-06-2012, 09:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
nice skiing, I picked up the regular coefficient and am loving this ski. My only suggestion is to make sure you don't cinch down too tightly on the laces with the attack boots. On my first crash my front foot didn't release properly and I tweaked my hamstring. I now keep the laces a little looser and haven't had an issue.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:32 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
nice video the hard edging looks effortless...on that ski...

Tags
coefficient x, coex, ho skis, skiing, slalom