Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2012, 08:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: n/a
Looking for a new towing vehicle

Hey, guys. I'm thinking of maybe purchasing a new towing vehicle for my Maristar 230. Right now I have a 2004 4runner with 235 hp V8 and 320 lb-ft of torque at 3400 rpm. It's getting close to 90K miles and never had an issue, but it's going to need a new set of tires soon and the 90K mile service is going to run about $1K. Thus, I'm thinking of trading it in and possibly getting something that offers better towing capability.

I know there is a "show your rig" thread but I was really hoping to get honest, open opinions on all of you who drive and tow with possible replacement vehicles (Ford F150, Toyota Tundra, Chevy Tahoe or Silverado)? Also, how well has your vehicle held up for you or what have you had to do to it over the life of the vehicle? I have read review sites, but wanted to hear from real owners with 1st hand experience.

I feel blessed that the 4runner has never given me any issues except for routine maintenance and I hate to see her go but I'm just not sure it's the right vehicle to keep towing my boat with.

Thanks and I'll hang up and listen.

Last edited by Hogwild; 06-25-2012 at 08:47 PM.