Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 05-22-2012, 01:17 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
For any one who is boating on multiple lakes this weekend read this. You may want to edit posts and delete your trail of plans from texoma to any other north tx lake. I know 100% local game wardon and lake cops watch these kind of threads all of the time. I know 100% that Team Talk, CC Fan, fishing forums etc are watched and then pictures of your boats in other threads that show TX numbers will confirm where you have been. Then you have a ticket or asked to leave the lake. I know this sounds GHEY as hell but I know that this goes on.

Read this They want the boat out of water for at least a week before putting it into a different body of water.

http://www.texasinvasives.org/action...php?alert_id=2

Jail time and fines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Last edited by Kyle; 05-22-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:29 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Oh and I am not telling any one not to go to Texoma. All I am saying is to cover your trail and not be so obvious. I know that they watch Face Book too and that is how several boats were not allowed on one of the lakes here in Fort Worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 05-24-2012, 11:41 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Kyle is right on zebra mussels from tx parks and wildlife

New regulations took effect May 17, 2012 mean that boaters on Lake Texoma, Lake Lavon and the Red River and its tributaries will have to take additional steps to remove all water from their boat and trailer before leaving for another body of water. These regulations are intended to help stop spread of the destructive invasive species, zebra mussels. Boaters are already prohibited from transporting invasive species that are visible to the naked eye, such as adult zebra mussels. The new regulation is intended to prevent the spread of zebra mussel larvae, or “veligers,” which are so tiny they can only be seen with a microscope and can survive for days in water trapped in a boat. Zebra mussels have become well established in Lake Texoma and can spread across Texas on boats and trailers like yours. Zebra mussels can hurt aquatic life, foul your boat, hinder water recreation and even affect our water supply. Once they become established in a reservoir, there is no known way to get rid of them. To learn more about the new regulations, visit the TPWD website. Don’t Be A Carrier. No matter where you boat in Texas, always Clean, Drain and Dry your boat, trailer and gear to help stop the spread of aquatic invasive species such as zebra mussels, giant salvinia, hydrilla and water hyacinth. Watch this short video to learn how. If your boat is kept or stored on the water in a lake known to have zebra mussels, it will need to be fully decontaminated before transporting or launching it on another body of water. Hello Zebra Mussels. Goodbye Texas Lakes.

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE

Last edited by j.mccreight@hotmail.com; 05-24-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X-15, 350 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Oh and I am not telling any one not to go to Texoma. All I am saying is to cover your trail and not be so obvious. I know that they watch Face Book too and that is how several boats were not allowed on one of the lakes here in Fort Worth.
Which lake is it? This is, literally, the first I've heard of this. Do you have a link that shows tickets are given, etc? Sounds a little drastic........I planned on cleaning the boat like always anyways.

Thanks for the help

"Under the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and Texas Penal Codes, possession or transporting of zebra mussels in Texas is a Class B misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $2,000, jail time up to 180 days, or both."

Last edited by lanep82; 05-24-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:03 PM
MC Maniac

http://www.tpwd it.state.tx.us/newsm...?req=20120503a

Under the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and Texas Penal Codes, possession or transporting of zebra mussels in Texas is a Class B misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $2,000, jail time up to 180 days, or both.

Last edited by j.mccreight@hotmail.com; 05-24-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
http://content.govdelivery.com/bulle...d/TXPWD-414d56 ... my wife just sent this to me ...
Old 05-24-2012, 03:15 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmkkdx View Post
http://content.govdelivery.com/bulle...d/TXPWD-414d56 ... my wife just sent this to me ...
I got the same email this morning.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Not a problem for me...

According to my owners manual, I am required to clean and scrub the boat after each lake outing to maintain the high standards of owning a MasterCraft.

In other words, I clean my boat inside and out after each use, which is why my 1995 Maristar looks almost new and not like a 17 year old boat.

Rob
Old 05-25-2012, 09:20 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X-15, 350 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofast View Post
Not a problem for me...

According to my owners manual, I am required to clean and scrub the boat after each lake outing to maintain the high standards of owning a MasterCraft.

In other words, I clean my boat inside and out after each use, which is why my 1995 Maristar looks almost new and not like a 17 year old boat.

Rob
I am with you 100%.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Lane,

Good to meet you. To bad the wind was so active, had to be around 20 mph at times. Spent the next day over at Thong Island, or whatever they are calling it now. The big surprise was No pictures all weekend. To busy having fun.

Rob