Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2012, 02:09 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 x1
Recommended mechanic in Knoxville area?

Does anyone have a recommended MC mechanic in the Knoxville area?

Preferrably someone that will service on the water, but I don't have an issue trailering if I have to.

I will not take the boat to American Boat Center, unless that's my last resort. They take forever for service, are expensive, and don't always give attention to detail. If the service dept was run like the Pro shop/sales side, it would be a different story.

I can handle most maitenance myself, just don't have the time or patience for it.

Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Boat is on Watts Bar, so anything in the Knoxville area would work.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2012, 03:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '08 X14 MCX Slot
It would be a haul from watts bar, but Master Marine in Seymour has my vote. The owner worked several years at the factory, was involved in the dealership for a few years when it was out by the airport, and has had this place for several years. His son does much of the work now. He was at the dealership when I got my '93 205, and he was the only one to ever service it (besides me) until I sold it a couple years back. I have not had to do anything outside of warranty with my '08 that I couldn't handle, but when I do it will go to them.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 X-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCVOLS View Post
It would be a haul from watts bar, but Master Marine in Seymour has my vote. The owner worked several years at the factory, was involved in the dealership for a few years when it was out by the airport, and has had this place for several years. His son does much of the work now. He was at the dealership when I got my '93 205, and he was the only one to ever service it (besides me) until I sold it a couple years back. I have not had to do anything outside of warranty with my '08 that I couldn't handle, but when I do it will go to them.
This was going to be my reco as well. He knows his stuff.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:06 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 x1
Thanks for the feedback!

I don't have a problem hauling to Seymour for a good mechanic.

My '06 X1 has had very few issues and I'd like to keep it that way with preventive maintenance.

Tags
knoxville, mechanic, service