Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2012, 12:49 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy View Post
Nothing like discontinuing the old model before they new model can be produced without major flaws.........It has to go down as one of the biggest fubars in boat production/hype. I was in a new one about 3 weeks ago in Orlando. We couldn't get the wake clean at all......So finicky. It had a wicked lip.

I personally think the 03-11 Star is one of the sexiest boats on the water. It's and absolute gem. The lines are simple, clean and smooth. It just can't do anything else except produce a monster wakeboard wake otherwise I would own one for sure.
Hey Swatguy, what color was the new X-Star you were in?

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 05-04-2012, 01:29 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X Star, 2005 X2
Quote:
Nothing like discontinuing the old model before they new model can be produced without major flaws.........It has to go down as one of the biggest fubars in boat production/hype. I was in a new one about 3 weeks ago in Orlando. We couldn't get the wake clean at all......So finicky. It had a wicked lip.

I personally think the 03-11 Star is one of the sexiest boats on the water. It's and absolute gem. The lines are simple, clean and smooth. It just can't do anything else except produce a monster wakeboard wake otherwise I would own one for sure.
I think the driving force behind the way premature x-star announcement was related to MC trying to get the news out before the G23. Nautique however seemed to handle the promo and release for their boat much better..
Old 05-04-2012, 03:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
Mostly white with tan and black accents. It was a team riders boat. I am not sure if he wants me associating his name with a negative review on my part

Quote:
I think the driving force behind the way premature x-star announcement was related to MC trying to get the news out before the G23. Nautique however seemed to handle the promo and release for their boat much better..

Last edited by swatguy; 05-04-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:19 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Mostly white with tan and black accents. It was a team riders boat. I am not sure if he wants me associating his name with a negative review on my part

Simple colors, sounds pretty cool.

So did the guy let you know the wake on the old X-Star would throw you out whereas the wake on the new X-Star will throw you up and out so you get more air and have more time to throw tricks, or did he just let you wing it? I have been told the air behind the new boat is pretty awesome once you get used to it. How long was your set?

Old 05-04-2012, 03:32 PM
MC Devotee

I got smoked..........He told me hit it like his old boat and I did. I thought I killed myself. ITs def a new wake in the MC line. Still has the same long smooth tranny, but the lip was much different. It was really hard to keep from washing so I don't' really know if that was part of it as well, but the wake was def much more vert than most the MC wakes I have been behind. I will say its as unique and on a whole different level than the other MC's I have spent time behind. While the 03-11 hull had that same feeling at first, it still had MC characteristics of a long smooth tranny and a nice not to lippy, and not too rampy of a wake. This boat is completely different. The lip is killer and makes you knees compress if you are not ready. I only rode 2 small sets as we had 9 guys in the boat drooling to hit it. Its def going to be unique when MC gets it dialed. We had about 3700 plus the 9 of us in there. I haven't ridden a 25 or 30 just yet, but have ridden pretty much all the others.

Last edited by swatguy; 05-04-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:01 PM
MC Addict

Holy smokes, that's like 5500 lbs in the boat!! I would hope the wake would be killer.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:24 PM
MC Addict

Quote:

Yea you can buy it and use it
So, the new X-Star you rode in, the hull was white and the interior was white with tan and black accents?

Old 05-04-2012, 04:57 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
So, the new X-Star you rode in, the hull was white and the interior was white with tan and black accents?
What are you driving at here CP?
Old 05-04-2012, 05:34 PM
MC Devotee

Interior was tan with the black accents and a little what I guess is metalflake, hull is white. Tower was powertower. Not sure what engine it had but that thing sounded awesome. Like I said I really didnt get to go thru the boat and pick it apart. I didn't want to be that guy......I came to a friends place and he knows all those guys cuz they live on his lake. 3 of the guys work at owc. I wasn't even going to ride, but I decided to after being pretty much thrown in. I can't ride at all compared to most of those guys. Just lucky to have good friends.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 x14v
Feels like an interrogation....

Tags
2013, new star, xstar