Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 04-27-2012, 12:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Matercraft Prostar 190, LTR330,powerslot,PP,heater
Another vinyl/carpet question?

Hi, I am wondering if someone can help me locate some matching carpet for my 2000 Prostar 190 please. I have heard it referred to as ' 40-ounce Syntec Platinum Elite' or 'Cinder' in colour in some of the other posts. If it has been discussed then I would appreciate a link or any info you can provide. I am getting a ND mini tower sent over from the States and have a little room left for freight, thought I may well chase up things like this whilst I have the chance.

My Upholstery is just starting to go in a few places and wondering can Mastercraft supply the matching vinyl (as I read somewhere on here) or is this just not going to happen? I thought if I could get a close to perfect match I could replace pieces as needed rather than being forced into a major cost. The main colour is white but there is a metallic blue used which I would love to source a small amount of as the previous owner had a bimini mount screwed to the sides.
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2012, 11:50 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Check with Corinthian Marine Carpet.

On the vinyl, MC will likely not have it for a 2000 unless a dealer has some new old stock on the shelf. Your best bet is to have it done by a good local upholstery shop using the best marine vinyl they can get or using a company like Mastercraft Skins by the Upholstery Workshop

Given your location, a local shop will be your best bet.

Good luck.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft 197 TT 2007
I saw some on eBay the other day

2007 Prostar TT 197.....special delivery from the dealer 3/18/08 sold 6/7/11
Old 04-27-2012, 12:10 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
I just checked ebay and couldn't find any "mastercraft vinyl," but you're right. It does turn up from time to time.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Matercraft Prostar 190, LTR330,powerslot,PP,heater
Thanks East TX, much appreciated. Every body on here is very helpful. I think I am becoming addicted.