Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old 04-25-2012, 12:45 PM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxberger View Post
I want Barry out of the office as much as the next guy, but I refuse to comprise my princples. Romney, if the parties nominee, (sidebar... check out this article on delegate count: http://www.examiner.com/article/ron-...a-gop-caucuses) will not get my vote. People say that is a waste and a vote for the usurper in charge now... well so be it. It may take that moron being in office another 4 years for America to wake up and realize what's going on and I fully accept that. I don't like it and shudder to think if that does happen, but I will sleep well knowing I did not compromise my principles. If you don't have something to stand for you stand for nothing.
Then you don't want him out as much as the next guy. I can not see what good allowing him four more years of rampant destruction would prove to anyone.
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 04-25-2012, 12:50 PM
oxberger's Avatar
oxberger oxberger is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Boat: Mastercraft, Stars&Stripes, 351w, grey and blue
Location: Dirty South
Posts: 730
Believe me, I really do not want four more years of rampant destruction, but I do believe that would wake up a lot of people in America that are asleep now and help them realize what a mistake he is. I believe four years of Romney will be the same thing only slower.
__________________
"The doctor said I swallow a lot of aggression... along with a lot of pizzas!"
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 04-25-2012, 12:59 PM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxberger View Post
Believe me, I really do not want four more years of rampant destruction, but I do believe that would wake up a lot of people in America that are asleep now and help them realize what a mistake he is. I believe four years of Romney will be the same thing only slower.
If the last four years have not woken then up, nothing will short of nuclear war.
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 PM
oxberger's Avatar
oxberger oxberger is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Boat: Mastercraft, Stars&Stripes, 351w, grey and blue
Location: Dirty South
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
If the last four years have not woken then up, nothing will short of nuclear war.
Definately have a point there, and there is a real possibility of that with either Obama or Romney in the White House.
__________________
"The doctor said I swallow a lot of aggression... along with a lot of pizzas!"
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 04-25-2012, 01:13 PM
aquaman's Avatar
aquaman aquaman is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Location: At the Helm
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxberger View Post
Believe me, I really do not want four more years of rampant destruction, but I do believe that would wake up a lot of people in America that are asleep now and help them realize what a mistake he is. I believe four years of Romney will be the same thing only slower.
OX.....do you really think you need another 4 years to be convinced??

Believe what your eyes tell you now.......why would even risk another 4 yrs?
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 04-25-2012, 01:22 PM
oxberger's Avatar
oxberger oxberger is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Boat: Mastercraft, Stars&Stripes, 351w, grey and blue
Location: Dirty South
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
OX.....do you really think you need another 4 years to be convinced??

Believe what your eyes tell you now.......why would even risk another 4 yrs?
Good Lord no! I don't need convincing. I'd like to think my eyes are open to what's going on, but I just do not see how choosing the lesser of two evils and compromising my beliefs makes our country any better. I really don't believe Romney can beat Obama anyway. Romney's record is horrible and Obama will rake him across the coals regarding his big banking background (eventhough Obama is just as tied into them as Romney is). The good thing is there is still time. The mainstream media is hiding the fact that Ron Paul has already accumulated a lot of delegates and is continuing to do so. Based on delegate count he's won in Iowa and Missouri, but you won't hear that from any of the major networks or news sources.
__________________
"The doctor said I swallow a lot of aggression... along with a lot of pizzas!"
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 04-25-2012, 01:34 PM
areamike's Avatar
areamike areamike is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: none
Location: Cornfields of Indiana
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Yup, Mitt might not be the best guy, but I'd take him over what's his face any day.
Name 10 things that differ between Obama's and Romney's policies. Romney is no different than Obama.

Same big government, same regulations, same bailouts, same unconstitutional wars.

Romney wants to increase the troops by 100K!

Who do you all really want to head this country. A Person that has added over 5 trillion in debt and is continuing to add more. One that has never proposed a balanced budget? One that voted to raise the debt ceiling, one that supports war, is wanting to add 100K troops to fighting overseas. One that has had multiple affairs on his wife? One that is a rich politician funded by wall street and bankers? One that has NEVER served in the armed forces and or risked his/her life for this country or even had any of their immediate family members serve? If that is who you want, then keep voting for the status quo.

As for me, if it comes down to Romney or Obama, I will vote for NONE OF THE ABOVE! I will NOT be a sheep. And in the end I can at least sit back and blame all those who did vote for either one of those self serving crooked politicians.
__________________
It is not we non-interventionists who are isolationists. The real isolationists are those who impose sanctions and embargos on countries and peoples across the globe...and who choose to use force overseas to promote democracy...A counter productive approach that actually leads the U.S. to be more resented and more isolated in the world - Ron Paul

Last edited by areamike; 04-25-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 04-25-2012, 01:45 PM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by areamike View Post
Name 10 things that differ between Obama's and Romney's policies. Romney is no different than Obama.

Same big government, same regulations, same bailouts, same unconstitutional wars.

Romney wants to increase the troops by 100K!


Who do you all really want to head this country. A Person that has added over 5 trillion in debt and is continuing to add more. One that has never proposed a balanced budget? One that voted to raise the debt ceiling, one that supports war, is wanting to add 100K troops to fighting overseas. One that has had multiple affairs on his wife? One that is a rich politician funded by wall street and bankers? One that has NEVER served in the armed forces and or risked his/her life for this country or even had any of their immediate family members serve? If that is who you want, then keep voting for the status quo.

As for me, if it comes down to Romney or Obama, I will vote for NONE OF THE ABOVE! I will NOT be a sheep. And in the end I can at least sit back and blame all those who did vote for either one of those self serving crooked politicians.
Then he has my vote and twice on Sunday.
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
areamike's Avatar
areamike areamike is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: none
Location: Cornfields of Indiana
Posts: 159
Then you would be voting for an Obama clone. Same stuff.
__________________
It is not we non-interventionists who are isolationists. The real isolationists are those who impose sanctions and embargos on countries and peoples across the globe...and who choose to use force overseas to promote democracy...A counter productive approach that actually leads the U.S. to be more resented and more isolated in the world - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 04-25-2012, 02:32 PM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by areamike View Post
Then you would be voting for an Obama clone. Same stuff.
Last I check Obama is telling the Chief of Staff to get a RIF going right now.
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 PM.