Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 02-29-2012, 05:31 PM
BoulderX45 BoulderX45 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Boat: MC, X-45, 2006, LQ9
Location: Northwest
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Mine, before launching one foggy morning at Radar Lake. (On my dealer's trailer).
That is one nice X-25! I love the White Hull with Black
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 02-29-2012, 06:43 PM
rgardjr1's Avatar
rgardjr1 rgardjr1 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
Location: Liberty Lake, WA
Posts: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
Thanks guys.

I especially want to note that Boatmate did an excellent job on the trailer. Believe it or not, the trailer is fire red flake also..... Yes, a flake trailer. I thought the trailer was going to be more like a metallic automotive finish..... It doesnt have the look of depth like the boat, but it certainly has plenty of metal flake!!
Love the boat and the trailer! Does your dealer use Boatmate trailers or was that your idea, because the trailer is as awesome as a trailer gets.
__________________
2006 Maristar 200 SS
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Millertime Millertime is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Boat: 2008 X2
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 181
Very nice FourFourty, love the colors and that trailer is kick a..
__________________
2008 X2
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:59 AM
FourFourty's Avatar
FourFourty FourFourty is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr1 View Post
Love the boat and the trailer! Does your dealer use Boatmate trailers or was that your idea, because the trailer is as awesome as a trailer gets.
This is the first Boatmate that my dealer has ordered. MC only gave a choice of non-metallic viper red, which wouldnt come close to matching. I thought about just going with a black trailer...... This wasn't going to work for my dealer. They decided that they would look elsewhere to get a matching trailer. When the dealer called boatmate, they were told "No Problem. Just let us know what color to match. If we don't have the color data that we need, we will go over to MC and get a paint match photo." The rest is history.....

Best part was that the Boatmate saved me $1200.00. Win-Win
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:18 AM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
This is the first Boatmate that my dealer has ordered. MC only gave a choice of non-metallic viper red, which wouldnt come close to matching. I thought about just going with a black trailer...... This wasn't going to work for my dealer. They decided that they would look elsewhere to get a matching trailer. When the dealer called boatmate, they were told "No Problem. Just let us know what color to match. If we don't have the color data that we need, we will go over to MC and get a paint match photo." The rest is history.....

Best part was that the Boatmate saved me $1200.00. Win-Win
That's fantastic. Have to keep that in mind for next time. If there is a next time.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-24-2012, 05:38 PM
arnott10 arnott10 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Boat: X25
Posts: 16
Our 2010..

Debating real hard on pulling the X-25 stickers off the sides. Other than the possibility of fading, how do you guys and gals think it would look? I have heard that 3M's Restorer and Wax works perfect if there is a little fading underneath. I think it would make it look real clean and simple...
Attached Images
  
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-24-2012, 05:57 PM
mrm2083 mrm2083 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2
Location: East coast
Posts: 199
I've always hated those graphics. The boat would look great with just the master craft decal in the back. It's only 2 years old so at worse polishing should do the job.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-24-2012, 06:05 PM
ttu's Avatar
ttu ttu is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Location: tulsa
Posts: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnott10 View Post
Debating real hard on pulling the X-25 stickers off the sides. Other than the possibility of fading, how do you guys and gals think it would look? I have heard that 3M's Restorer and Wax works perfect if there is a little fading underneath. I think it would make it look real clean and simple...
while i have a 07 x2 i have graphics that are close to those. last week i removed all the "flames" around the x2 and it really cleaned it up and there was no fading in the gelcoat.

now i am debating on removing the whole x2 in general.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:23 PM
arnott10 arnott10 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Boat: X25
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm2083 View Post
I've always hated those graphics. The boat would look great with just the master craft decal in the back. It's only 2 years old so at worse polishing should do the job.
MRM-Do you think that 3M Restorer and Wax is what you would use to polish?
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-25-2012, 10:08 PM
arnott10 arnott10 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Boat: X25
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
while i have a 07 x2 i have graphics that are close to those. last week i removed all the "flames" around the x2 and it really cleaned it up and there was no fading in the gelcoat.

now i am debating on removing the whole x2 in general.
TTU,

Take the plunge, I removed mine tonight and it looks ALOT better. Little more work to get some of the residual glue off. Anyone use lacquer thinner to remove sticker glue (gel coat damage)? Goo Gone is working but Man, there has to be something easier...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 AM.