Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-29-2012, 05:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC, X-45, 2006, LQ9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Mine, before launching one foggy morning at Radar Lake. (On my dealer's trailer).
That is one nice X-25! I love the White Hull with Black
Old 02-29-2012, 06:43 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
Thanks guys.

I especially want to note that Boatmate did an excellent job on the trailer. Believe it or not, the trailer is fire red flake also..... Yes, a flake trailer. I thought the trailer was going to be more like a metallic automotive finish..... It doesnt have the look of depth like the boat, but it certainly has plenty of metal flake!!
Love the boat and the trailer! Does your dealer use Boatmate trailers or was that your idea, because the trailer is as awesome as a trailer gets.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X2
Very nice FourFourty, love the colors and that trailer is kick a..
Old 03-01-2012, 07:59 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr1 View Post
Love the boat and the trailer! Does your dealer use Boatmate trailers or was that your idea, because the trailer is as awesome as a trailer gets.
This is the first Boatmate that my dealer has ordered. MC only gave a choice of non-metallic viper red, which wouldnt come close to matching. I thought about just going with a black trailer...... This wasn't going to work for my dealer. They decided that they would look elsewhere to get a matching trailer. When the dealer called boatmate, they were told "No Problem. Just let us know what color to match. If we don't have the color data that we need, we will go over to MC and get a paint match photo." The rest is history.....

Best part was that the Boatmate saved me $1200.00. Win-Win
Old 03-01-2012, 09:18 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
This is the first Boatmate that my dealer has ordered. MC only gave a choice of non-metallic viper red, which wouldnt come close to matching. I thought about just going with a black trailer...... This wasn't going to work for my dealer. They decided that they would look elsewhere to get a matching trailer. When the dealer called boatmate, they were told "No Problem. Just let us know what color to match. If we don't have the color data that we need, we will go over to MC and get a paint match photo." The rest is history.....

Best part was that the Boatmate saved me $1200.00. Win-Win
That's fantastic. Have to keep that in mind for next time. If there is a next time.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:38 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: X25
Our 2010..

Debating real hard on pulling the X-25 stickers off the sides. Other than the possibility of fading, how do you guys and gals think it would look? I have heard that 3M's Restorer and Wax works perfect if there is a little fading underneath. I think it would make it look real clean and simple...
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2012, 05:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2
I've always hated those graphics. The boat would look great with just the master craft decal in the back. It's only 2 years old so at worse polishing should do the job.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:05 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnott10 View Post
Debating real hard on pulling the X-25 stickers off the sides. Other than the possibility of fading, how do you guys and gals think it would look? I have heard that 3M's Restorer and Wax works perfect if there is a little fading underneath. I think it would make it look real clean and simple...
while i have a 07 x2 i have graphics that are close to those. last week i removed all the "flames" around the x2 and it really cleaned it up and there was no fading in the gelcoat.

now i am debating on removing the whole x2 in general.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:23 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm2083 View Post
I've always hated those graphics. The boat would look great with just the master craft decal in the back. It's only 2 years old so at worse polishing should do the job.
MRM-Do you think that 3M Restorer and Wax is what you would use to polish?
Old 04-25-2012, 10:08 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
while i have a 07 x2 i have graphics that are close to those. last week i removed all the "flames" around the x2 and it really cleaned it up and there was no fading in the gelcoat.

now i am debating on removing the whole x2 in general.
TTU,

Take the plunge, I removed mine tonight and it looks ALOT better. Little more work to get some of the residual glue off. Anyone use lacquer thinner to remove sticker glue (gel coat damage)? Goo Gone is working but Man, there has to be something easier...