Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 03-22-2012, 05:52 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 07 MC X1
Any chance can you update us and post a few pics of your removal technique?
Old 03-22-2012, 06:57 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X2 5.7 Ilmor
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheckski View Post
Basically had to pull the boat apart. All sorts of stuff in the way. Air intake hoses, heater hoses, drivers bulkhead, Etc. My arm would not fit through the speaker holes and the center hole in the bow. That job had to go to my 14 year old son. The gas line was definitely in the way for the starboard side. i purchased an electric socket driver but did not use it. Small is the key here. i used a 1/4" drive 7/8" socket and a ratcheted closed end wrench.

Important to know is that in the bow there are two hangers on top of each side and the front piece. Basically means there are 6 less bolts which is a great thing. What i can not figure out is why this could not be done on the rear sides and or additional screw replacements on the front cushions. i will post some pics for the benefit of the next guy.

I am now shipping my cushions off to get them recovered with the new 2012 Mastercraft fabric. Psyched. I am also going to turn my electric powered single hatch into a three way hatch. I think that will significantly increase the ease of use. Will post completed picks when done.
Any chance of showing us the 3 piece hatch?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:33 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 205v ltr
Sorry about that. I posted the pics on another thread. The three piece hatch is still in process so I can not post yet. You can see an earlier job though on the viper facebook page at this link http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7769157&type=1 .

I will post pics of boat with cushions removed later today.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

pictures

These pics show the boat with the cushions removed. Just follow the holes in the fiberglass to understand where you will find bolts/nuts. On the very forward piece it has Christmas tree fasteners. Pull HARD from the bottom and then lift off of the top hangers.
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2012, 09:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Finally have some completed cushions. Used all Mastercraft fabrics. carbon fiber white, silvertex taupe and silvertex black. the silvertex has a canvas like feel to it, the carbon fiber a very tough, almost slippery feel. together they feel very solid and 'premium". Still waiting for all pannels and new 3 way rear deck pieces. expect i will be installing next weekend and will post finished pics ( boat is also compounded and waxed - should look great although still dated with gen 1 tower ).
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2012, 09:23 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
They look great!
Old 04-24-2012, 12:06 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X2 5.7 Ilmor
Looking forward to the final install pictures!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 230 VRS
Whoa! That's really nice. How much does an interior job like that cost? About 1/2 of my cushions need to be recovered. I might do the whole thing if I could have it look more modern than that.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 230 VRS
BTW finding stuff like this on my boat pisses me off:

On a premium boat you'd think they'd make a somewhat presentable speaker hole instead of being sloppy because it will be hidden. I find the same kind of crappy workmanship "behind the scenes" on my boat all of the time. If it was a Moomba I'd be ok with it but MasterCraft should be better IMHO.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Actually that speaker hole was my work. It did not line up perfectly with the panel cut out and was hitting the rear of the speakers when i installed wet tunes. It was extreamly hard to widen in a smooth way because any hole cutter ( including mine ) uses a center pivot point which by definition was already gone. As i result i had to free hand.

Regarding cost, please contact Jim Jackson at viper customs 865 381 1235 . They were extreamly reasonable with me.