Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-19-2012, 02:17 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
If you have read many of my posts re: our country's problems, you would notice that I haven't been particularly kind to the Right, either. This kind of thing doesn't come from one side and it never will- people will try to pull a fast one any time they see an opportunity and wealth, level of power or political party have nothing to do with it.
A sad but true statement about our lawmakers...and sadly our citizens. Where have all the honest people gone?

There is one in Texas, and one in Kentucky!!! That's why I'm voting for Ron Paul, he is as honest as they come.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 04-19-2012, 02:51 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
A sad but true statement about our lawmakers...and sadly our citizens. Where have all the honest people gone?

There is one in Texas, and one in Kentucky!!! That's why I'm voting for Ron Paul, he is as honest as they come.
I still think that's a bit myopic.

The real story will be told if A) the voters don't get who they voted for, B) if the (R) candidate picks a real schmuck as VP and if they don't have a decent platform. If A), then we may see it change but iff enough people actually do something about it. If B), then we won't see a new occupant. If C), and that's common, see B). None of these necessarily mean that we'll have the same occupant (I think I'm just going to refer to him as 'occupant' from now on).
Old 04-19-2012, 04:01 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X2
There will be corruption in DC no matter the party, its that simple (its where money and power meet). Me, i would rather us go in a corrupt rightward direction than a corrupt lefty direction. Ron Paul isnt bought but he will never be elected above congressman mostly due to his age and offbeat persona. Dont like all his positions but he WOULD affect real change in DC.
1996 Bayliner 2050
Old 04-19-2012, 04:18 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidstan View Post
There will be corruption in DC no matter the party, its that simple (its where money and power meet). Me, i would rather us go in a corrupt rightward direction than a corrupt lefty direction. Ron Paul isnt bought but he will never be elected above congressman mostly due to his age and offbeat persona. Dont like all his positions but he WOULD affect real change in DC.
So if he will effect real change, why not vote for him?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:21 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
I still think that's a bit myopic.

The real story will be told if A) the voters don't get who they voted for, B) if the (R) candidate picks a real schmuck as VP and if they don't have a decent platform. If A), then we may see it change but iff enough people actually do something about it. If B), then we won't see a new occupant. If C), and that's common, see B). None of these necessarily mean that we'll have the same occupant (I think I'm just going to refer to him as 'occupant' from now on).
Voting for Ron Paul is myopic? It is very far from narrow minded, it is actually very clear-headed and grounded in principle. Very much like Ron Paul.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:21 PM
MC Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=ryG-6Q8rMH0#!

The chip off the ol block.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Quote:
Would you like to provide evidence of this claim?.....and saying one is democrat and one is republican doesn't count. Actually with all the different stands romney has had on issues, do we really know what he is?
CP, your zeal for dr. paul has clouded your good judgement.

Romney is 180 degrees different than Odumbo. He's American, successful seasoned businessman, ex-governor, christian, and is articulate without the need for a teleprompter.

Its your choice which of those is the Biggest difference between Romney + the incumbent.

You cannot and should not judge a politician by what they say.....they all talk too much, say too little, and do too little.

Ron Paul can talk a good game.

Last edited by aquaman; 04-19-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:43 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X2
Quote:
So if he will effect real change, why not vote for him?
Well, didnt say i wouldn't but I would have to be assured the change is for the good and supports self reliance rather than the puke we have going on now. He disappointed me when he let the elites get the best of him when they brought up that he might be a closet racist. Like everyone else in the mainstream accused of this he kissed the ring of the civil rights gods. Heard Rand on Hannity do the same shuffle in defense of his Dad. Didnt show much of a spine and that is what we need. He may have one but he didnt show it.
1996 Bayliner 2050
Old 04-19-2012, 04:56 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post

Romney is 180 degrees different than Odumbo. He's American, successful seasoned businessman, ex-governor, christian, and is articulate without the need for a teleprompter.

Its your choice which of those is the Biggest difference between Romney + the incumbent.

You cannot and should not judge a politician by what they say.....they all talk too much, say too little, and do too little.

Businessmen are as successful as they are crooked so this isn't really something that makes him different from obama.

christian. Religion is hardly a barometer for a good politician. There should be a lot less religion in politics.

Ex-Governor. OK, I will give you this one, but really in this case it hardly applies. romney will say whatever it takes to get elected and has switched positions on numerous issues. All this proves is he is a good politician and can get elected. Time to shake up the etch-a-sketch again. (sorry, I couldn't resist)

Ron Paul doesn't just talk a good game, he proves it. Look at his voting record and his message. It is as consistent as the sun rising each day. This you cannot dispute, period.

So I guess I have to give you he was a governor as the difference between him and obama. There you go. There is the difference. His knowledge of our economic system and fiscal policy pales in comparison to Ron Paul. Ron Paul has studied economics and has a better grasp on it than any of the rest. Which is the reason he is going to cut a trillion dollars off the budget in his first year as president.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:02 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post

Believing in the constitution is poor judgment? Believing that our country should only spend what it takes in is poor judgment? Believing in the Bill of Rights is poor judgment? Only going to war and putting our men and women in harms way (and possibly destroying families) with proper authorization from congress is poor judgment.

No, the way in which this country has been run is poor judgment, and that needs to change. And that calls for Ron Paul.