Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-19-2012, 09:56 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
As long as the electoral college is the system we use your man has no chance. What he and everyone else should be fighting for is the end of it. Let the populace decide whom they want as President.

It's not like people can't get to the polls and we need 2 people to travel to DC to vote what the populace has voted for. It's a terrible system in this day and age.
I believe you had a post that was erased. It mentioned that I was jaded, which is fine. I'm actually a little more disappointed that is got deleted because I feel we have a healty debate going here that is beneficial. However I would like to comment on that and I will when I get a chance because what I have to say will clarify my position and hopefully shed a little light on my point of this entire thread. Being this is the beginning of my day, I will have to wait until lunch to have the time to get to it.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 04-19-2012, 10:00 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhudgins View Post
This is EXACTLY why I (and others) have stated that you need to vote for whoever is running against Obama to insure he doesn't get re-elected. He is now openly asking "Is it FAIR that a only a few are getting rich while others are struggling.....?" He wants to raise taxes on the rich for no reason other than because they are rich! It will not benefit the county in any way or help the poor, it’s just to punish those who have worked hard and been successful, and to appease his followers.
There was a video I posted on here regarding the budget, the deficit and puts them into perspective. It was with Tony Robins and it shows how taxing the rich isn't the answer. It really is an eye opener to see how massive our debt problem is.....actually eye opening isn't fair, it's more like mind blowing.

Here it is again for you to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jboTeS9Okak

Old 04-19-2012, 10:05 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
I believe you had a post that was erased. It mentioned that I was jaded, which is fine. I'm actually a little more disappointed that is got deleted because I feel we have a healty debate going here that is beneficial. However I would like to comment on that and I will when I get a chance because what I have to say will clarify my position and hopefully shed a little light on my point of this entire thread. Being this is the beginning of my day, I will have to wait until lunch to have the time to get to it.
Yeah, it sounded more like a comment about you rather then a comment about how Obama is going to win because the REP side is going to be divided just enough to let him get reelected.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:26 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
If obama wins.....I will do the same thing I would do if anyone else other than Ron Paul wins, watch the continuation of the demise of the Bill of Rights, watch our illegal wars in Afganistan and Iraq continue, watch as we start another illegal war with Iran, watch our deficit continue to rise to the tune of a trillion dollars a year while our leaders work on balancing our budget in 30 years, watch our leaders demoralize us by saying they are decreasing the budget and making cuts to it....which are just cuts on proposed spending increases,......and sit back have a homemade beer watch our country fall apart and say, "I told you so", and then worry about what kind of future my children will have in a country that has turned itself inside out over the course of my lifetime.

That is what I will do.

This is why I will only vote for Ron Paul. All of those things will be the exact opposite when he gets into office.....except the beer part and me saying, "I told you so".
OK, what if he gets Congress to repeal the 20th Amendment? I'm pretty sure you won't be making your own beer and if you are allowed, you're gonna have your butt taxed off.

And all it will take to stop this train wreck is to vote him out of office.

During the Revolution, they didn't try for a different king, they divorced themselves from the actual country that was ruling them. They wanted a new government and they created a darn good one. It worked great until some in that government decided that they wanted to get into the business of supporting people instead of their main job, which is dealing with the rest of the world, preserving our way of life and being the operational hub of the country's main, vital infrastructure. Oddly, this started at about the same time as the Bolshevic Revolution and look at the similarities, even though the US was such a strong enemy of Communism. Makes ya say Hmmm, doesn't it?

Change is inevitable but some changes can be stopped. These need to be stopped.

Last edited by JimN; 04-19-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:08 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Quote:
My vote goes to RON PAUL and nobody else. There isn't a dollar amount that will change my decision. I hate to quote country music, but 'if you don't stand for something youll fall for anything'.

romney is no different than obama other we have seen obama violate the constitution and we have heard romney say he would violate it. No difference.

And this thing isn't over yet. Deligates have yet to be chosen in many states.

I will be in attendance at a Ron Paul rally on Friday night. I'll post pictures and convey the experience on here after I get back.
Dont be a "Bot". Put the KooL-Aid back into the refridge.

There is a Big difference between Romney and the incumbent.
Witholding your vote is a vote for the Dems.

Last edited by aquaman; 04-19-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:19 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
Dont be a "Bot". Put the KooL-Aid back into the refridge.

There is a Big difference between Romney and the incumbent.
Witholding your vote is a vote for the Dems.
Would you like to provide evidence of this claim?.....and saying one is democrat and one is republican doesn't count. Actually with all the different stands romney has had on issues, do we really know what he is?

Old 04-19-2012, 02:00 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1991 MasterCraft Prostar 190 PowerSlot
Send a message via AIM to DooSPX
Obummer said he wanted to tax the rich, give the blacks and hispanic's living on the system free cable, free cell phones, free **** that we the people have to pay for! Yet, this stupid you know what, bought his daughters $48,000 in gifts and did not pay a cent in taxes???? Really? And the dumb homer simpson Biden only gave $50 bucks to the WWP??? I gave 60% more to both WWP and POW last year and I only make sub 60K??? really? I HATE our current government!!! They (HE) are taking every right we were given back in 1776 for God sakes! Making deals with the Russians behind closed mic's, I would bet my years check he is making deals with China and NK too!

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?

Last edited by DooSPX; 04-19-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:11 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooSPX View Post
Obummer said he wanted to tax the rich, give the blacks and hispanic's living on the system free cable, free cell phones, free **** that we the people have to pay for! Yet, this stupid you know what, bought his daughters $48,000 in gifts and did not pay a cent in taxes???? Really? And the dumb homer simpson Biden only gave $50 bucks to the WWP??? I gave 60% more to both WWP and POW last year and I only make sub 60K??? really? I HATE our current government!!! They (HE) are taking every right we were given back in 1776 for God sakes! Making deals with the Russians behind closed mic's, I would bet my years check he is making deals with China and NK too!
When did he say he wanted to give them free cable? I know he wants everyone to have a cell phone, but let's cite sources when these details are listed.

How did he get away with not paying taxes- you mean sales tax on the gifts? Doesn't DC have a Tax-Free zone? If I had one here, I'd go there to buy whatever I could. If you mean income tax, they already showed that he paid close to $180K.

Not defending him, just looking for a clarification.

If you're gonna insult Homer, you can just stop now! That's crossing the line!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:11 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Yeah, it sounded more like a comment about you rather then a comment about how Obama is going to win because the REP side is going to be divided just enough to let him get reelected.
That's fine. Hey, maybe I am jaded but here is my perspective.

So, I'm beyond fed up with the establishment and here is why. In no particular order, the Bill of Rights has been shredded. This started under bush cheney, has continued, and has been ramped up. You can now be arrested and charged with a felony for protesting, you can be assassinated if the president says so or held without trial as an american citizen, the cia (which isn't supposed to operate inside the US) taps your phone calls, e-mails, etc., you get stripped searched or fondled at airports which is now starting on trains and busses, VIPER squads are on the road in Tennessee and can pull you over and you can be searched. The attack on our Bill of Rights is the issue for which I hold the most contempt and can go on and on about it.

In my lifetime I have had two cousins fight in two separate wars in the middle east (desert storm early 90s and this latest crap), both of which were/are illegal. We were lied into Iraq this time around, and Afghanistan....why are we still there? Oh, that's right, lithium.

We were lied into Vietnam. The Gulf of Tonkin incident never happened which was the justification into going into that mess. That cost us over 60K lives....just on our side. How that wasn't news when MacNamera came out with that I'll never know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HODxnUrFX6k

Who benefits from this? The military industrial complex. We sure aren't, we are paying for it. My kids are paying for it, and it is all illegal and unconstitutional.

Congress.....do I really need to go down this road? Name me one piece of legislation they have passed in the past 10 years that was to the benefit of the citizens instead of some corporate interest.

So the thing is, it doesn't matter what party is in control. Both parties are spending us into oblivion, they are stripping our civil liberties, and neither will quit. The only difference between the parties are the social issues, which do nothing more than keep us fighting with each other when they are a minor part of the big picture.

Now, here comes a guy that has been speaking the same message for over 30 years; fiscal conservative, strict constitutionalist, believes that government should be out of our lives and livingrooms, believes that the executive should have limited power (since it is in the constitution), doesn't want to go to war without a declaration (you know the LEGAL) way to do it, and doesn't believe in 'executive orders', why, because they are unconstitutional. The guy speaking this message is RON PAUL (and Rand Paul).

Here is a video of Ron Paul in 1988 giving a speech when he ran as a libertarian. Does any of this message sound familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HODxnUrFX6k

Ron Paul has been warning us of our problems for years. Nobody listened because the establishment has labeled him as a quack. Well guess what, everything he has been warning us about is coming true. He warned us about the gold standard, he warned us about the housing bubble (he even told us when it would happen within a couple months), he warned us about inflation, he warned us about the debt, he warned us about our bad monetary system, and he warned us about our foreign policy.

He has been right about all these issues we are seeing today. So now I have to say, how am I supposed to vote for these other guys that are basically the status quo? How can I do that? I would never be able to look my kids in the eye because these other guys are spending our kids country away.

My parents generation sat by while JFK was assassinated because he wouldn't go into Vietnam and then let LBJ take us into Vietnam. They didn't fight to find out what happened to JFK and who was responsible, they just bought what the government told them happened. If you ask somebody from that generation about JFK, they will tell you the cia probably had something to do with it......and they just accept it.

Don't you find it just a little peculiar that the first meeting LBJ had as president, his first meeting was about going to war in Vietnam? Not, we have to figure out what happened to JFK and who did it, it was, when are we going into Vietnam.

So, the establishment hasn't really done us any favors. In fact, they have crippled us. Look at our debt! The other guys won't cut a thing and Ron Paul will right the ship. So, there you have it. I'm sure I missed something along the way, but that is my argument and that is why I started this thread, to get out this very important message. I want to be able to tell my kids what I did to fight for our country, which was to spread the message of liberty.

So.....am I jaded?

Old 04-19-2012, 02:12 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
OK, what if he gets Congress to repeal the 20th Amendment? I'm pretty sure you won't be making your own beer and if you are allowed, you're gonna have your butt taxed off.

And all it will take to stop this train wreck is to vote him out of office.

During the Revolution, they didn't try for a different king, they divorced themselves from the actual country that was ruling them. They wanted a new government and they created a darn good one. It worked great until some in that government decided that they wanted to get into the business of supporting people instead of their main job, which is dealing with the rest of the world, preserving our way of life and being the operational hub of the country's main, vital infrastructure. Oddly, this started at about the same time as the Bolshevic Revolution and look at the similarities, even though the US was such a strong enemy of Communism. Makes ya say Hmmm, doesn't it?

Change is inevitable but some changes can be stopped. These need to be stopped.
Can you elaborate how the 20th amendment relates to my homebrewing? The 20th spells out when the president elect takes office as well as congress.