Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 04-08-2012, 06:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 ProStar 209
Here's pics of the bowstop we had installed, works great.
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2012, 11:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Master Craft X2 MCX
Hey bturner2 - any idea how far apart your bunks are? Are they the same on the front and the back?

Brandon
Old 05-04-2012, 02:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1958 DIY wood ski boat, 2008 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfinley View Post
Hey bturner2 - any idea how far apart your bunks are? Are they the same on the front and the back?

Brandon
+2 on this....

I'm going through it currently... Started getting it setup yesterday. There's a lot to negotiate here. Avoiding the water pickup staying within the strakes then there is the stepped hull and the ideal config for the back would be the wider bunks like the trailer but not possible with the lift bunks. I'm still tweaking I guess I'll let you know what I come up with but if there is any insight or measurements that would be great.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
I know this is from a distance but this is how my ShoreStation is set up for my 07 X2. This is how the dealer told me to set it up. The keel is the strongest part of the hull. The further you move from the keel the weaker in comparison the hull is and is more likely to flex. The bunks were set up to hold the boat within the first set of strakes. When correctly positioned the bunks will hold the boat within these strakes. This is not the definitive answer but it is how and why I was told to set it up this way and it has worked well the past three seasons.....

Looks like your in the first strakes centered.. and that they split a bit wider towards the back? Did you do anything about missing the water pickup?
So I now have it tweaked to perfection.... Yes inside the first ones with a taper to wider configuration toward the rear. Sits real nice. Just have to pull in my guide ons a bit and engineer my custom canopy. Getting closer

Last edited by zamboniman; 05-08-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:26 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
You are correct. Haven't had any problems with this set up so far. Just put the boat back on the lift for the first time this season yesterday.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Progress on my end.. I can at least get it out of the water now.

Next on to getting my canopy fitted and mounted correctly.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 PS 190, 02 Wakesetter VLX
Don't waste your money on a bow stop, as it's really easy to pick a spot and line it up. Use the money towards a canopy if you don't already have one, you won't regret it!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisonsbrodie View Post
Don't waste your money on a bow stop, as it's really easy to pick a spot and line it up. Use the money towards a canopy if you don't already have one, you won't regret it!
Canopy is sitting in my garage as a pile of aluminum waiting for a couple free nice weather hours to align between me and a helper.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:10 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
You are correct. Haven't had any problems with this set up so far. Just put the boat back on the lift for the first time this season yesterday.
I'm still toying with exactly how I want the boat to sit on the lift overall. How far ahead are you pulling onto the bunks? Do you have the back of the boat all the way even with the end of the lift hanging the front out quite a bit?

I'm balancing a few different variables and life would be much easier if a foot or 2 were able to hang off the back of the lift. That would leave some engine weight past the bunks but have the boat still centered to slightly forward. 1 this would allow me to setup the canopy a bit more centered so it would be stronger not hanging out front way past the last support and 2 gives me a bit more room to work with regarding lake depth or lack there of. My water dropped about 6 inches over the week now I can barely get it off the bunks without some effort. I'm thinking of dropping the bunks a setting to gain a couple inches too. My lift dealer set me up with the taller "ski bunk bracket" blindly off of the type of boat. Probably a good thing considering buffer room for the prop shaft but also they are meant to clear tracking fins which I don't have so I think I can cheat it a bit and drop the bunks.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
A simple side picture would be super helpful