Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2012, 11:47 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgea0731 View Post
MBz has had a factory tour with Delivery in Europe pick up for years. I believe BMW and Chevy Corvette does it too.
You would think someone could take a few photos of every boat in 2 or 3 different phases and send them to the owner. Of course, if you see something that doesn't look right then you'd have grounds to not take delivery, right?
I actually tried to arrange this for my boat back in '07. It's no secret any longer that I stepped out of territory to but my boat... Way out! Rather than ship the boat from the factory, to my dealer and then out to California, I wanted to pick it up in TN and drive it home. MasterCraft would not allow or because they want the customer to have an intimate relationship with their dealer, as if plopping down a huge amount of money with your dealer was not intimate enough. I guess it comes down to the fact that at the factory, the boats are not 100% complete. They still need to be prepped and a final check at the dealer needs to be done. I guess it's a little different than a Vette or a Porsche. Picking up at the factory is still a cool idea, though. Especially since the boat orders are being filled more on a custom build basis.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:06 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTIQUE View Post
Especially as production moves to more of a pull system (custom personalized boat production) rather than pushing stock boats to dealers.

I'm not sure if this is how it works for all dealers, but at Rambo I was led to believe they don't just get factory pushed stock boats. I was told they order their floor stock with the options they want.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Past: 1986 MC 19 Skier; Nautique, 230, 2009, PCM 343; 2012 X-45 ZFT4, ILMOR 6.0L. CURRENT 2010 X14V, ZFT3, RTP-1
Your kinda right for most of the boats sold but this is changing. Dealers order what they want but it is pushed in a way since it is not based off real concrete demand, (buyer ready or buyer paid). It seems like there are more and more "real" orders based on what the customer chooses directly, not based on what the dealer wants to stock.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:19 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X30. If you want a custom Soulcraft let me know :)
This is all because dealers don't want a bunch of inventory tying up their floor plan money as boats have not sold as well over the last few years... Why pay interest on boats sitting on your lot when you can just order them in when customers are actually buying
Old 03-03-2012, 08:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X45 6.2L
Im in the same position, I wrote on there facebook wall asking to get some pictures of our X45 and they said they will see what they can do but they doubt they can get them. Then I emailed mastercraft last week and still have not even gotten a response back to my email. I feel like if were paying this much for the boat the least they can do is get me a few build pics to give me something to look forward to. If anyone knows someone I can contact please let me know. This is our first mastercraft and they dont act like they want to help us out at all.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 PS 190 w/ mini tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Im in the same position, I wrote on there facebook wall asking to get some pictures of our X45 and they said they will see what they can do but they doubt they can get them. Then I emailed mastercraft last week and still have not even gotten a response back to my email. I feel like if were paying this much for the boat the least they can do is get me a few build pics to give me something to look forward to. If anyone knows someone I can contact please let me know. This is our first mastercraft and they dont act like they want to help us out at all.
Send an e-mail to Matt McDevitt.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X45 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIskier View Post
Send an e-mail to Matt McDevitt.
Whats his email address