Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 02-21-2012, 02:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft 205, 1999, LTR
Connelly Carbon V Ski

I'm thinking about a new slalom stick and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Connelly Carbon V or the Connelly V. I am partial to the brand and have loved my F1 that I have been skiing on for several years. I don't ski the course but am a fairly aggressive open water skier. One of the things I love about the F1 is that it rides fairly deep in the water compared to some of the other skis that I have tried, however, the tradeoff with this is I wear out pretty quickly. Are the "V" steps on this new ski just a gimmick or do they really do what they say? Any input or comparisons would be helpful for me before I lay down the $$$. How about the standard Connelly V? Any comparisons of this and the Carbon V?
Here is a link to the manufacturer description: http://connellyskis.com/connelly_sla...i_carbon_v.php
And a Pic
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2012, 04:05 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 197TT #28 of 100
Check out the reviews on ballofspray.com. I think that they were pretty favorable for what you are asking the ski to do.
2005 ProStar 197TT, #28 of 100

Broken Bow, OK vacation cabin for rent -
www.sipnskicabin.com
Old 02-21-2012, 06:26 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
I ski a Concept but my daughter started skiing the V last summer. She was a fair skier at the beginning of the summer but has really progressed a great deal since getting this ski. She was skiing an old Connelly HP for about three years which apparently didn't do her an favors. Moving to the new ski has really helped her confidence and ability. I was going to switch to one this year but took heat for buying the same ski she has. I'll probably wait until this summer when the new model is out and take one for a demo. Hopefully they'll have changed the graphics so she doesn't throw a fit.....
Old 02-21-2012, 07:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
I know you are partial to Connelly but I would also recommend looking at the Radar Senate/Senate C or the HO Coefficient X/Coefficient XSL. Best thing you could do is find a place that allows you to test before buying and give a few ski's a try.

My understanding is the carbon models in each case is a lighter (obviously) and more aggressive ski then their non-carbon counterparts but don't hanlde as nicely in open/rougher waters.

just my
Old 02-22-2012, 01:58 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
I ski a Concept but my daughter started skiing the V last summer. She was a fair skier at the beginning of the summer but has really progressed a great deal since getting this ski. She was skiing an old Connelly HP for about three years which apparently didn't do her an favors. Moving to the new ski has really helped her confidence and ability. I was going to switch to one this year but took heat for buying the same ski she has. I'll probably wait until this summer when the new model is out and take one for a demo. Hopefully they'll have changed the graphics so she doesn't throw a fit.....
I started on a Concept and my son still skis on it. That is another great ski! Is your daughter skiing on the standard "V" or the Carbon "V"?
Old 02-22-2012, 07:11 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
V Standard. We're open skiers so the stiffer ski really doesn't fit for us.

After 15 plus years of wakeboarding we decided to get back into skiing. It's really helped us regain our interest in the sport. It started with just three of us on Saturday mornings and has now grown to six and has turned into a three or four session a week thing.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:01 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2011 ProStar 214
I just bought one (67") to use this year. I started running the course a lot more last year on a 70" F1 and my coach told me I needed something more reasonable for this year. The combination of his recommendation and the BOS reviews sold me on it. I bought a blank ski and am transferring my Enzo bindings, which were uber-comfortable last year.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:10 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
I just bought one (67") to use this year. I started running the course a lot more last year on a 70" F1 and my coach told me I needed something more reasonable for this year. The combination of his recommendation and the BOS reviews sold me on it. I bought a blank ski and am transferring my Enzo bindings, which were uber-comfortable last year.
So did you get the "V" or the "Carbon V"? Let me know how you like it compared to the F1.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:23 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2011 ProStar 214
I got the "Carbon V". It's still a bit early in the MI season to get you a report though...
Old 03-28-2012, 02:33 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
I got the "Carbon V". It's still a bit early in the MI season to get you a report though...
Thanks.
Any other reports from someone who has skied on the Carbon V?