Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-02-2012, 09:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft, X-1, 2007, RTP-1
Send a message via AIM to Lennyp04
Brostock 2012

Hey guys,

I know Brostock is more for the scene of the younger generation although I'm sure all you guys know how to party! I wanted to see if anyone was making the trek to Lake of the Ozarks, MO for this years Brostock event. My friends and I just booked a house boat and are really looking forward for this event! I've heard mixed reactions about Lake of the Ozarks but I'm excited to get on a huge lake. My lake is only 50-60 miles of shore line while Ozarks is somewhere a little over 1,000!

So post up if your going!

Lenny

2007 MasterCraft X-1, RTP-1, Ballast, MC Cruise, swivel board racks, Glacier White and Midnight Black
Old 06-01-2012, 06:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
I'm making the trek down for Brostock. Anyone else going?

I went 2 years ago at Bull Shoals, and it was awesome. I'm a little concerned about finding good water at Lake of the Ozarks. From what I understand, you need to head above MM 35 to have any hope of finding good water. The contest will be outside Captain Ron's, which is MM 34. My buddy has a house at MM 1 and a 42' Fountain. I'm staying at his place, but going to trailer my boat over to the contest to avoid the rough water, and then meet up with him on the water.

I've been to Lake of the Ozarks a few times, and it's a pretty crazy lake. I've only been on the southern portion (below Grand Glaize Bridge). Party cove is at MM 4. It's a big party lake with giant powerboats and huge waves. Multiple boats sink there every year, and it's considered one of the country's most dangerous waters. I've heard that farther north is more remote and like a different lake (hopefully).
Old 06-01-2012, 08:40 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
looks like fun
Attached Images

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 06-01-2012, 10:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 X2
I wish I could make it. One day I'm going to get a crew up to make the 12 hour haul out there.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:17 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
North is definitely a different lake. On a busy weekend, the 34MM is about as far south as I'd be willing to go... especially in a boat under 25-30 ft. It's just so choppy out there when the big boats start rolling through. Up north there's some great water though. Real nice coves and that sort of thing, especially once you start getting into the 45MM and up.

Have fun out there... careful if you're in a small boat. Especially one that doesnt have much rise from the water.