Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2011, 02:30 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
It's funny you should mention that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_uy29aFzCU

I had the same reaction to this issue, but if you look into it you can see clearly that due process is a must in a free society. As I type this, you and I can be assassinated by our government if they declare you an 'enemy combatant'. Well, who gets to decide who an enemy combatant is? Am I an enemy combatant because I despise basically every move our government has made over the last decade? Would all those people protesting across our country be considered enemy combatants? What is the definition? There is a lot of power to be yielded here. Due process is for your protection, and right now it basically does not exist because of executive orders, another strike against the constitution.

If someone is accused of something, they deserve due process. It is a foundation of our liberties and is essential for our freedoms.

I highly recommend you read Dr. Ron Pauls book, "Liberty Defined". It is an eye opener for subjects like this one.
An enemy combatant because you despise the government? No.

An enemy combatant because you plan, train, arm, and fund terrorist through both physical means and openly supporting their cause to kill Americans? Yes.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

He was a domestic enemy!! Kill the terrorist!