Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 09-30-2011, 04:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00ky View Post
I understand its fresh in mine cause I been googling like crazy about it
any reason you're concerned? AVN isn't very common after talus fracture (especially given your age and likely health level) but something to monitor. Here's an article about the risk. And no double d I didn't google this so the poindexter comments can be held.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...rticle_239.pdf
Old 09-30-2011, 05:47 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Ok. I'm 50yrs old and having my 2nd childhood - that's been going on for a while now and I see no point in stopping. We/I just started wakeboarding a couple seasons ago. Reading this thread makes me a little more satisfied with my wimpy wake-2-wake jump.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by _fng_ View Post
any reason you're concerned? AVN isn't very common after talus fracture (especially given your age and likely health level) but something to monitor. Here's an article about the risk. And no double d I didn't google this so the poindexter comments can be held.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...rticle_239.pdf
Not really concerned because its only a level one type which has very little chance
Old 10-02-2011, 03:16 PM
demetris

New at wake boarding and after seeing the x-rays, makes me back up a bit. You've got quite a bit of hardware in there, dude. What kind of rehab will you be doing? Would it have made much difference with the type of boot you wear?
Old 10-06-2011, 05:57 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
I broke my Fibula last summer. when I landed, the front of the board hit first, I let go of the roap and the board stuck on top of the water. The back of the board came down with a snapping motion and all I knew next was that it hurt. Yanked the board off. Ankle was swollen by the time I got in the boat. My buddies gave me tylenol and beer and continued to wakeboard in my boat for the next two hours. We thought it was a bad sprain but turned out to be a break. about 10 weeks to heal.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2009 MCX
That sounds painful! That's why I love Wake Surfing...it is harder to hurt yourself at 10 mph.

Tags
broken ankle, hyperflexion, talus, wakeboarding