Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 08-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Houghton19

Exclamation Trailer Upright Guide Replacement Information

Greetings all,
I am looking for information about a re4placement part for a 2006 galvanized trailer for an X30. Son in law was loading the boat during strong winds and decided to run over the bow guide upright on one side of the trailer. lucky the guide snapped and the hull is fine.

With great examination the guide pole has 3 components. the collar that is part of the frame, a tappered peg, amd the actual upright guidepole. the "peg" is a cast peiece and i assume designed to break with exceeded presssure to save from other dammage. the "peg itself it ~10 1/4 inched from top to bottom. the top end (which the guile poll slips over and is fastened with allen key bolts) is 1 9/16 inch in diameter, the bottom half of this tappered Peg (which slips into the collar in the fram and bolted from underneither) is 1 5/8th inch in diameter.

If anyone had any information on where i might be able to find this peice or if any of your dealers in your area have any 2006 trailers please let me know!

Many Thanks!
Old 08-22-2011, 02:03 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 PS205, x-14 someday
Call the people that made your trailer.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
here's your problem: need a new son in law
Old 09-11-2011, 01:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 205
Instead of starting a new thread, I'll ask here:

Should the upright guideposts move? Mine seem to have ~1-2 inches of play. The two nuts on the trailer that attach to the posts are tight but still seem to move regardless. If this is not normal/acceptable, what are some remedies?

Thanks

Tags
bow guide, replacement parts, trailer