Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 08-10-2011, 01:14 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X45 8.1
[quote=DBrown2;767423]Well to follow up yes from stock tank the overflow line feeds to bottom of bag the top of bag out to overflow fitting out on the hull.

After reading this post I went and installed the 2 400lb fly high sacs one in each of my rear compartment about a month ago. I have been wanting to come on here and say how easy this was. I have a 06 X15 and it took me about an hour total to do it. Thanks for all the information!

I quoted DBrown above because the way he did it (hard tank overflow to bottom of sac then top of sac to the outside of boat) works the best. I even talked to my local dealer prior to putting them in and that's the way they install them for customers. Just my
Old 08-10-2011, 02:17 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 X30 ltr
thanks for the info cutler. seems that way would be easier to drain yet harder to fill. oh well mine are the opposite and work great.

glad we could help!!

Resident TeamTalk Jacka$$
2002 black X30
1973 s&s project
Look for me on CHL!! I am in the black X30 with the stars and stripes flying off the tower!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:33 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamrockIV View Post
thanks for the info cutler. seems that way would be easier to drain yet harder to fill. oh well mine are the opposite and work great.

glad we could help!!
I think this goes back the the, are your hard tanks under the floor or next to the side wall?

I would bet his tanks are under the floor filling them and then the sac that is on top of them works well. You install on the other hand has tanks and bags side by side, right? To completely different installs if you ask me and both of them working well.