Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Underwater Running Gear

Old 08-01-2011, 02:22 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
JA ski buddy of mine is 6' something and 225 skis 28 mph a few passes.
I was wondering if that was 28 mph he was at the other day... Looked like you guys were crawling
Old 08-01-2011, 03:27 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 190, 1992, 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconover View Post
I dont have access to a course (yet). I practice in sets of 6 cuts, course-style - 3 left, 3 right, enter/exit in the middle. I have no idea how on earth i could slalom at 30 mph though.
Even though you killed my thread I think I might be able to help you out. As you make your turn really focus at looking straight down the rope to the back of the boat. Your eyes should stay focused down the rope at the back of the boat until you exit the second wake. Proper eye and head movement are the building blocks of all schools of slalom.
Focus on this as you complete your turn and you will be across the second wake in grate condition.
After second wake eyes go out cross course.
Give it a try because it is really beneficial.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:21 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Dave your thread died a week ago. Everyone gave you the 2 things that you could do to improve your wake.

Option 1 change to a CNC prop 3 or 4 blade. Call Eric at OJ a prop builder, prop professional, and someone who will know every answer to all of your prop questions because he plays with props every day. Try both of them out and different pitches and diameters and cups. Someone even gave a review page of his opinions. This will make a noticeable difference. Pictures of wakes mean nothing but how smooth you ski conditions were that day. The wake change is feel not that visual. You can only be the judge of how the wake change was better or worse.

Option 2 add some weight to the front of the boat. Yes the bow sits lower but really doesn't change the wake. More people added weight to simulate a boat judge and a score keeper, not to make the wake better. Adding the weight would simulate tournament practice for skiers skiing in record tournaments.

So what's up with the attitude towards a man asking a question about wakes and skiing. How many times do you need to hear that everyone changes their prop to improve the wake or they buy a new 190 or 197. At least jconover is asking a levitate question instead of beating a dead horse over a little chine spray and a prop change.

So how did jconover kill your thread? I hate to say your thread died 7-23-11. It's time to play props and find out what you like.

Someone please give this thread CPR cause I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 08-01-2011, 10:42 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 190, 1992, 351
Kyle, I agree that the thread was not going anywhere and did not mind he asked the question. I wasn't serious about him killing it and apologize to all if it they took it that way.
I appreciated his question and tried to help because what he is experiencing is really common. Getting across the wakes with confidence and avoiding hard falls I take very serious.
This forum has a ton of information in it and really enjoy reading. I do have trouble navigating through it all and appreciate the folks that have helped guide me to the older threads and post responses. I really try to get the boat set up the best I can. Nothing better than having some one ski a personal best while your driving.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:00 AM
MC Maniac

Dave this site is very fun for the most part and there is a lot of joking that goes on. Most of us that have been here for years get our humor. As a new guy saying killing your thread without a or it's very hard to understand jokes vs serious.

There have been a few guys that last a few weeks that are not funny. Stay around man and ask a few guys who hooligan was or is and you will get where I'm coming from. Glad you were just joking and not being serious.

Dave Happy posting and welcome to TT.

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 08-02-2011, 12:30 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
hooligan

Dave, Kyle speaks the truth (Never thought I would be typing that). There is a ton of info here, and a fair amount of good-natured ribbing to go along with it. You would find it very challenging to find a MC related topic that can't be addressed by some member in the know.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 08-02-2011, 10:16 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
I can write my name in cursive in pee on the sidewalk
Old 08-02-2011, 12:54 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
I can write my name in cursive in pee on the sidewalk
Sure glad you gave this thread CPR and got it kicking again.....knew you would chime in.

Quote:
Quote:

Tags
rooster, spray, wake