Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-23-2011, 12:02 PM
X15 ss

Changing gauge settings

I have a 2007 X15 SS and recently my display that reads water temp, air temp, depth, etc switched from Standard to metric and I don't know how to get it back. I know there is some combination you have to hit between the two toggle switches for "display", but I can't figure it out and it's not in the owner's manual. Anyone know how to switch back to standard? Also, how do you set the time? I feel like that guy who can't figure out his VCR!! Thanks!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Time Setting

Not sure about the standard vs metric issue, but the time is easy. Set the display on time and then hold down the bottom of the display select switch for about 3-5 seconds. You will see the first digit start to blink and then you can let go and use the same switch up or down to ajust the hour. I think IIRC, you then hold the bottom side down again to get it to change to setting the minutes. I just sort of automatically push the right places when I am setting it and I am commenting from memory.

Perhaps the metric toggle is as simple. Maybe if the gauge is on temp and you hold down the bottom it switches.

Good Luck

2004 Prostar 197 - Red on White

350 TBI, Perfect Pass, Heater, Shower and a whole lot of fun!
Old 07-23-2011, 04:07 PM
X15 ss

WTRSK1R: Thank you so much. It worked. I got the time set, but in order to switch from Metric to English, the setting has to be on the Engine Hours. When I was on the "Air Temp" or any other display, holding down the display toggle causes the whole instrument panel to calibrate. But on the hours, it gives you the choice of what reading you want, so thank you for the tips!! It was driving me crazy trying to convert the water temp to F so my wife wouldn't be too chicken to get in the water!!
Old 07-23-2011, 05:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X-15
usually if your water temp, air temp switch to metric and your depth finder doesn't get a reading, it's a sign that your transducer is going bad.

Tags
clock, display, gauges