Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-01-2011, 09:23 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwardenjr View Post
I am ordering my new 2012 X-25 and trying to decide on the Power Tower or not. .......
If you want opinions, I would go with the Power Tower IF it has some type of manual override option (which is rumored for 2012). Even if you have a great dealer, picture yourself in BF Egypt with the entire family on a vacation with this problem (a new X25 with only 8 hours on it):

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=41961
Old 07-01-2011, 09:24 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X10
As far as two point towers go, compare that one to Malibu or CC's. It doesn't come close to those in appearance, IMO. I would definitely prefer the four point to the power tower or manual 2.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: N/A
So glad that we got a 2011...

Attached Images

Old 07-19-2011, 03:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnB View Post
So glad that we got a 2011...

Me Too!! Holy ugly tower batman. I sincerely hope there is a ZFT-4 in the works. Until then, I love my ZFT-3.

Why couldnt they just have lift assist on the ZFT-5?? My dealer told me that they were going to do a ZFT-2 (price point), ZFT-5 (Swivel racks, lift assisted, manual), And the ZFT-5P (Power Tower).

The looks of the ZFT-5P has grown on me, the ZFT-2 never will, unless I go back in time...
Old 07-19-2011, 04:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X2 MCX
Holy crap that is ugly!!! And I am a fan of most all new things out of Mastercraft.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X25 MCX 350
my god.....ugh that is ugly
Old 07-19-2011, 04:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X-25
here are my 2 cents... We have a '11 x25 and boat in rough water. The tower does move, but only slightly, no noise. I have not experienced any swaying that would not be unacceptable or out of the ordinary. I expect some movement in rough water. The bimini...not happy with it. They could and should have done better. We have had a software update...worked better before the update, but I have been told they have a new one in a couple weeks. ours loses it set points and you have to disconnect the power then reset the tower by raising and lowering it 3 times. The board racks are now loose due to the shock from the waves, which I have been told will be fixed when we get it serviced this fall, I believe this to be a bushing issue.

This tower was a great option since we have to clear a bridge every time we go out. All in all very happy. They continue to improve the software and upgrade parts as they see where the problems are arising. I am sure the '12 version will be better as they learn from our comments.

As far as the bimini, I understand the Utah dealer has had a bimini fabricated that is much better, but have not seen pictures. Has anyone seen thier version??
Old 07-19-2011, 06:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X55,LSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddanenberger View Post
here are my 2 cents... We have a '11 x25 and boat in rough water. The tower does move, but only slightly, no noise. I have not experienced any swaying that would not be unacceptable or out of the ordinary. I expect some movement in rough water. The bimini...not happy with it. They could and should have done better. We have had a software update...worked better before the update, but I have been told they have a new one in a couple weeks. ours loses it set points and you have to disconnect the power then reset the tower by raising and lowering it 3 times. The board racks are now loose due to the shock from the waves, which I have been told will be fixed when we get it serviced this fall, I believe this to be a bushing issue.

This tower was a great option since we have to clear a bridge every time we go out. All in all very happy. They continue to improve the software and upgrade parts as they see where the problems are arising. I am sure the '12 version will be better as they learn from our comments.

As far as the bimini, I understand the Utah dealer has had a bimini fabricated that is much better, but have not seen pictures. Has anyone seen thier version??
I have their version of bimini, we like it. A lot better than the orginal.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:44 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskie05 View Post
I have their version of bimini, we like it. A lot better than the orginal.
can you post pictures?
Old 07-19-2011, 07:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X55,LSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutezero View Post
can you post pictures?
I have some but for some reason the darn site will not except my photos... Will try again.

no dice, it goes to uploaded failed right away... any help here?

Tags
power tower, powertower, x-25, zft5p