Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-28-2011, 01:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 Mastercraft X-25
I also heard no X-1, and no four point towers -- only manual and power two point.

The CSX hull lives on with the X-25.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
what is this 4 point tower?
Old 06-28-2011, 01:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X55,LSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
what is this 4 point tower?
not the power tower that touches the boat with two mounts. The 4 point tower has two mounts in the back, and twso forward facing mounts in the front, making 4 points.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:28 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
I wonder if used X-1's will go up or down in value? One, I guess, could argue that they were great boats/hulls and they dont make them anymore (meaning go up in value) or they dont make that model anymore so it is "non-current" (meaning they go down in value) and thus becoming less poplular. Not familiar with the value history of great models/hulls that were discontinued.

Kind of shocked that they are dumping their entry level boat that is probably one of the best hulls ever to grace the water. Sure, it is relatively small but when weighted, it can sure throw an extremely nice wake and without weight, it can put a nice smile on a recreational skier.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC XStar 2002 310
Here is my thought on that. Doubt the value will go up however, it will not depreciate as fast. People looking for a boat that is in its price range that can do the things the 205v hull can do is much larger than ones that can afford used anything else. Try and find a 205v hull model or even a CC 210 in the 20k - 35k range. They are not out there they get scooped up QUICK. I was told they are going to do a dressed down version of the X2 and make it their price point boat ala X1. I guess kind of like the Tige R20 and RZR. Same hull but one super blinged up with EVERYTHING and another basic. Mastercraft has zero desire to make boats for the average consumer which is fine. Pick your niche and run with it. If your average get a used boat after a 30% depreciation. IMHOP Axis has done a hell of a job now we have not seen what those boats will look like and run like in 3 to 5 years. So jury still out. I don't get dumping all the four point towers either. The power tower is expensive as hell. Did not know there was a non two point tower that MC makes. I don't blame them though tired of paying CC for the patent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobx1 View Post
I wonder if used X-1's will go up or down in value? One, I guess, could argue that they were great boats/hulls and they dont make them anymore (meaning go up in value) or they dont make that model anymore so it is "non-current" (meaning they go down in value) and thus becoming less poplular. Not familiar with the value history of great models/hulls that were discontinued.

Kind of shocked that they are dumping their entry level boat that is probably one of the best hulls ever to grace the water. Sure, it is relatively small but when weighted, it can sure throw an extremely nice wake and without weight, it can put a nice smile on a recreational skier.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Super V
Any news on the new x-star hull? There's been talk of it 2 years now.

Not surprised the range is being streamlined, both model and options wise.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plave View Post
Any news on the new x-star hull? There's been talk of it 2 years now.
I heard a new X-Star hull for 2012, but I don't know. They say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and the X-Star pickle fork is anything but broke, so not sure the philosophy on that one.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC XStar 2002 310
I think it could use a few things. Out of all the super wake boats its the biggest gas hog. Yes I know people that can afford it can afford the gas. A bigger boat would be nicer for that price tag say 23 to 24 a wider beam. Also less bow area and make the cockpit area bigger shift everything forward a bit. Its actually small considering the size of the boat. Realistically could do most of that and keep the hull pretty much the same. Get a bit more bang for your buck guess you would make the old one the X2 with MC way of thinking. All these things might give it more room for hidden ballast in a plug n play system.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:26 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
yikes... please dont make the xstar wider. the wake is already wide enough which is part of the reason you need 4000+ lbs to sac it out.

Then again im not a fan of either the x2 wake or the xstar wake...
Old 06-28-2011, 04:43 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason95gt View Post
If you want the other tower, I think it can be done. GereMarie has the template so you would just be paying a premium for a V series boat and then putting the ZFT3 tower on it. There is no X-65. Now that they own Hydrasport, they have more than enough center console boats.
I think the thought on the X65 was that it would be the same type transformation as the csx 220 to the X25. As in, same hull, but the general seating arrangement of the rest of the X-boats. It wouldnt have been a center console.....

Tags
2012, release date, x-25