Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-17-2011, 11:37 AM
lanep82's Avatar
lanep82 lanep82 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X-15, 350 HP
Location: Texas
Posts: 162
On Lake Travis several years ago, I saw, I kid you not, probably about a 6 foot snake swimming across this cove that we ride in.

Soooo.....what did I do? I drove directly at that sucker and chopped it up to pieces. You could literally feel the prop hit the snake. This was on our old Malibu so no MC props were injured during the execution of this! hah
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-17-2011, 11:45 AM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,455
[quote=DemolitionMan;762993]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooSPX View Post
I ran over a softshelled turtle too with my ski once. It startled me so bad I wipe out....[/QUOTe

Boarding on the river one day a friend ran over a water moccasin on his board.
Holy lick. That would be a little concerning to say the least.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Bobwire Bobwire is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Boat: Csx 220
Location: Fla
Posts: 36
I had a mullet jump in the boat while we were going about 25 mph. Scared the snot out of my 3 year old.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Kyle's Avatar
Kyle Kyle is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Location: Fort Worth, TEXAS
Posts: 3,153
I was riding an old school air chair like 6 years ago when I was landing my wake roll I felt the ski stall out like I hit something. My buddy said there is a fish behind you. It was a large mouth bass that was like 7 or 8 lbs and like 20" long. Gotta pic somewhere.
__________________
Rollin' Gangsta Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Huskie05's Avatar
Huskie05 Huskie05 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Boat: Mastercraft, X55,LSA
Location: West
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobwire View Post
I had a mullet jump in the boat while we were going about 25 mph. Scared the snot out of my 3 year old.
A mullet? Was it Keith Stone?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-17-2011, 12:36 PM
gatorguy's Avatar
gatorguy gatorguy is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Boat: 1997 PS205, x-14 someday
Location: halfway between right and left coast
Posts: 751
I've taken care of a couple of patients in the OR in Florida who had been boating or jetskiing and had collided with large fish that had jumped into the air at the most inopertune time. When you hit something large at 40-60mph it tends to break faces and arms.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-17-2011, 01:15 PM
chawk610's Avatar
chawk610 chawk610 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Boat: Mastercraft Stars & Stripes 1983 V8
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 512
Darn silver carp... kill all on site... and snakeheads too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
He comes atcha... He don't seem to be livin...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-17-2011, 01:46 PM
DemolitionMan's Avatar
DemolitionMan DemolitionMan is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
Location: South of the sweet tea line
Posts: 4,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorguy View Post
I've taken care of a couple of patients in the OR in Florida who had been boating or jetskiing and had collided with large fish that had jumped into the air at the most inopertune time. When you hit something large at 40-60mph it tends to break faces and arms.
Ouch that is scary.
__________________
Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-17-2011, 03:17 PM
shepherd's Avatar
shepherd shepherd is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary Edition
Location: South Coast
Posts: 7,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanep82 View Post
On Lake Travis several years ago, I saw, I kid you not, probably about a 6 foot snake swimming across this cove that we ride in.

Soooo.....what did I do? I drove directly at that sucker and chopped it up to pieces. You could literally feel the prop hit the snake. This was on our old Malibu so no MC props were injured during the execution of this! hah
I almost ran over 6+ ft rattlesnake swimming across our lake last summer. I was on my ski. Luckily, I was only free-skiing behind the boat (rare for me) and was looking ahead and saw it in time to swerve away from it. The boat missed it by a couple feet.

A few years ago, we had to do some repair work on a section of the slalom course. When we pulled up the pvc pipe to replace a buoy, we found a small (about 6') dead alligator wrapped up in the course wires. It apparently hit the cable when it was swimming around, panicked, thrashed around and got tangled up in the cables and drowned.
__________________
/ \

2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-17-2011, 03:47 PM
SkiDog's Avatar
SkiDog SkiDog is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 92 Prostar
Location: South of North
Posts: 7,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
I almost ran over 6+ ft rattlesnake swimming across our lake last summer. I was on my ski. Luckily, I was only free-skiing behind the boat (rare for me) and was looking ahead and saw it in time to swerve away from it. The boat missed it by a couple feet.

A few years ago, we had to do some repair work on a section of the slalom course. When we pulled up the pvc pipe to replace a buoy, we found a small (about 6') dead alligator wrapped up in the course wires. It apparently hit the cable when it was swimming around, panicked, thrashed around and got tangled up in the cables and drowned.
Now thats funny Shep!
I saw a rattle snake so big during a flood at our camp that I actually thought it was a small gator swimming along! This guy was HUGE!
Hitting a fish on a hydrofoil is NO fun! Faceplant city!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
concert, country, fish, fishing, prop

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 PM.