Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-15-2011, 09:14 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X-15 SS
No, that hose connector that you are refering too is the flush kit. Its part of the SS package you have. Just when you done boating, hook up a hose and let in run for 5 mins or so. I generally hook up the hose to the transom outlet and let it run while i clean the boat. I wash the hull with fresh water and a brush, then rinse the inside pretty hard and then dry. . See my boat is on a lift so all the water jsut runs out the drain plug, you may not want to rinse the inside to hard, maybe a wet towel or somehtign considering you keep it in the water and your bilge pump would have to pump all the water out. Every 2wks-month or so I clean the seats with a vinyl cleaner that has UV protectant. Then prob 2-3 times a year I wash and wax the boat completely. Also dont neglect your tower. A aluminum cleaner will do well. Also look into salt away. Eats salt pretty well. Makes cleanign much easier. Hope this helps. Seems like alot but this is minor to what some people do.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X-15 SS
Sweet boat by the way, any other pics?
Old 06-15-2011, 09:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X25SS
wow that makes thins so much easier. unfortunately i cant always take my boat out of the water, but i do clean it after every outting. i will definitely start using the flush kit from now on. I feel ignorant when it comes to these things, i wouldnt have to keep the engine running now would i?

thanks, will def post some pics later today.

Tags
platform, plug, transom