Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Old 03-26-2010, 11:01 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Prostar 195
Full swivel functionality, no mods to the stock plate, and rides very solid.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:30 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 08 X-45
Mission accomplished, 4 foils on Tower!

Finally got the racks modified to accept hydrofoils, plus added a couple of custom foil racks to the top. I needed to replace the factory speakers with the Wet Sounds for clearance of the foils (+ sounds much better IMO). Also had a block machined to allow for 2 mirrors to be mounted side by side, now I can see nearly a full 180 degrees while towing. Bimini was redone to allow for full functionality with the racks and AirSling! And for the night driving at lake Powell installed a light bar up front with quick disconnect for storage when not in use. Puts the light out in front of you while driving instead of up on the tower behind you and lighting up the whole bow with too much reflection. Plus we added a ridiculous amount of LED's in the boat and under transom for bling and and storage compartment lighting.

Now its time to get out and do some serious riding!!!

-Chad
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2010, 02:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Currently Rinker 212 R1 w/ wakeboard package and custom upgrades
Man, and I thought my tower swayed a little because of having the weight of one foil hanging of the side. I dont have anything on yours

MC Fan
Current - Rinker R1

"Its easier to beg for forgivness than ask for permission"
Old 04-19-2010, 11:11 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 40th anniv X Star
I'll follow this thread, anxious to see how the tower holds up with that weight on it also.

Keep us posted.

40th anniv X-Star
Old 05-28-2010, 03:31 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft X-30, 2006, MCX
Has anyone mounted a foil to the previous tube based tower (previous to the billet version that came out on all mastercrafts in 2007)?

I have a '06 X-30 and I'm buying a Launch/foil. Lonnie at CINCH is trying to find out what I need, to use the stock Mastercraft swival racks. He is concerned the Comptech arm replacement solution available with the Billet tower legs, will not work with my tower.

Does anyone have any pictures of their solution with the older tower.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-28-2010, 05:18 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by imChad View Post
Finally got the racks modified to accept hydrofoils, plus added a couple of custom foil racks to the top. I needed to replace the factory speakers with the Wet Sounds for clearance of the foils (+ sounds much better IMO). Also had a block machined to allow for 2 mirrors to be mounted side by side, now I can see nearly a full 180 degrees while towing. Bimini was redone to allow for full functionality with the racks and AirSling! And for the night driving at lake Powell installed a light bar up front with quick disconnect for storage when not in use. Puts the light out in front of you while driving instead of up on the tower behind you and lighting up the whole bow with too much reflection. Plus we added a ridiculous amount of LED's in the boat and under transom for bling and and storage compartment lighting.

Now its time to get out and do some serious riding!!!

-Chad
Thats one fine setup you got there pal!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:32 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 08 X-45
A year later!

Just as a heads up to eveyone that was interested, it has been a year since I modified the tower to accept the Hydrofoils and AirSling. I want to let you know there has not been one problem with this setup. This is after heavy use trips to Powell and Havasu and even being the tow boat for the USHA Nationals the last 2 years! I did make a couple of changes to the top racks but they essentially look identical. I went through the other day and inspected all mounting points and welds ect. Other than the occasional bolt that needed to be secured all was well! Looking forward to another season!

-Chad