Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-12-2011, 11:44 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
Boat Cover

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anybody knew of a good place to buy a reasonably priced boat cover. I have a 2001 Maristar 230 with the 2003 X30 tower on it so I believe I would be looking for a 2001-04 X30 cover. I have been stalking ebay and actually just missed out on a good deal but didn't know if anyone had any other suggestions. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:48 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
www.skiboatcovers.com

http://www.evolutioncovers.com/

http://www.theprocover.com/
Old 04-12-2011, 12:16 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 MasterCraft Prostar 190 TT, Indmar MCX GM 350
Contact Jim K. at Bay Area Water Sports (BAWS).... (877) 817-7774... He had a bunch a while back.....

Hook Em' Horns
Old 04-12-2011, 12:23 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
For quality, the price can be high. I have a coversports cover and would be hard pressed to own anything else. Ran me about $725 delivered (red is a $50 upcharge). This picture was taken last weekend. It is 3 years old. Brent will do covers for MC as well.

www.theprocover.com

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:05 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
For quality, the price can be high. I have a coversports cover and would be hard pressed to own anything else. Ran me about $725 delivered (red is a $50 upcharge). This picture was taken last weekend. It is 3 years old. Brent will do covers for MC as well.

www.theprocover.com
I just wish I could get one of those but they don't have a template for my boat, those covers are awesome.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:22 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x14v
Eastie - do you trailer w/that cover? If so, any chaffing above rubrail? I don't know if I should get a new cover (maybe snap-type) or have some type of fleece lined along the inside of mine ('10 x14v)...MC states mine is a "towable" cover--I think all that means is it won't fly off if secured properly. Heard it can rub the gel pretty good.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:33 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1989 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post

www.theprocover.com
Do you have any idea how these compare to the evolution covers?
Old 04-12-2011, 04:11 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
I've still been looking around. Talked to several people, and how have another question to add. As far as the material the cover is made out of, I've heard very good things about sunbrella and heard it was the way to go, but associated with this is a high price. I definitely don't want to pay money for a product with low quality. I did find some covers that were made with Sur Last fabric and want to see if any of you are familiar with these covers and your opinion on their durability/quality.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:23 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500 MC View Post
Eastie - do you trailer w/that cover? If so, any chaffing above rubrail? I don't know if I should get a new cover (maybe snap-type) or have some type of fleece lined along the inside of mine ('10 x14v)...MC states mine is a "towable" cover--I think all that means is it won't fly off if secured properly. Heard it can rub the gel pretty good.
I have, but don't do so regularly simply so the cover can have as much longevity as possible. No chaffing on those occasions when I have done it. These are designed as trailerable covers. There is extra padding on the windshield and transom. They are drum tight. The only part that moves when underway at highway speeds is the front portion over the windshield. It does have a 70 mph breeze on it after all.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:25 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberworks View Post
Do you have any idea how these compare to the evolution covers?
Pretty close to identical. Brent (coversports) and Cory (evolution) both worked for Rankin years ago. They both left and split up the business (Cory took Malibu and Brent took Correct Craft). They have both branched out on brands since then. The designs are based on the same cover system.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Tags
boat cover, cover, maristar, tower, x30