Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2010, 08:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
If you can read the wrench size on the side of the wrench, you can do the change-out. Remove 4 bolts (per riser), unscrew three worm-gear clamps, remove the hose(s), install the new hose (easily cut-to-fit), reassemble with a new gasket and anti-seize on the new bolts. Done deal.

Not saying this is an issue with your machine, but the entire cooling system is nothing but simple wrenching.

Good luck and happy boating.

Here's a pic of the new riser gasket and a cleaned surface on the exhaust manifold where the riser / gasket attaches. Easy pickings. There's not much inside of there once it's opened up.

Glad you posted that picture. I was just checking on riser gaskets for my Indmar and saw a note on the PCM gaskets. They said that one end of the gasket is blocked OFF (like yours) and the BLOCKED end MUST be installed towards the exhaust outlet. I was just wondering if the riser doesn't have a water port on the back side? If that were the case, you would have to flip the gasket around. I've got some old water stains on my Indmar so I thought I would replace my gaskets.

Tags
manifold, temperature, x30