Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-23-2010, 06:17 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Maristar 1995 LT-1
I know someone interested in the seats, trailer and tower if I could get your phone number or email
Thanks JJB2
JJB777@me.com
Old 08-23-2010, 08:26 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
What JimN said!
I doubt they gave you full value if they gave you back the boat too.
Unless you have stated value insurance and they paid out that value. If that's the case....score!
Bet you could sell every part on that boat except for the hull if you have the time/space/inclination to part it out.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 08-23-2010, 09:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar vrs 225, 1995,5.7, X2 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
What JimN said!
I doubt they gave you full value if they gave you back the boat too.
Unless you have stated value insurance and they paid out that value. If that's the case....score!
Bet you could sell every part on that boat except for the hull if you have the time/space/inclination to part it out.

My insurance policy is what they call 'agreed value marine policy' When you take the policy, you give the market value of your boat. If your boat get totaled, this is the amount that the insurrer owe you. I was surprised myself when the adjuster told me that i would keep the boat.

Look at the highlight.

http://www.waterski-wakeboard.ca/res...wsmartinfo.pdf
Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Mastercraft X2
you are track

Don't listen to all the insurance talk above. The majority if not all states protect consumers from the type of behavior listed above. A company knowingly offering below "market value" on a actual cash value policy is looking for a class action lawsuit. I would though check to make sure the value they are offering is inline. Mistakes can be made.

If you take out the right policy (which you have) you don't need to worry about any "negotiations". Agreed Value policies are the only way to go whether you have Geico (Ski Safe), Progressive, etc.... Most companies do not even care what you tell them the value is as long as it is under $50k. Over $50k they would want a marine survey.

The fact that they are giving you the Agreed Value and letting you keep the boat is awesome. Take the money and boat and run. Don't fix it, its not worth it. They are likely letting you keep the boat because their cost to dispose less the likely salvage return is not cost effective. You however can part it out and make some nice money on top of your settlement.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:01 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1993 prostar 190
sorry to hear about your boat! we got our 1994 ps190 as a damaged boat. However, the damage was very minimal in comparison. It had a softball sized hole just below the spotter side window. The boat was in great running condition, and vinyl in great shape also. We offered the dealer $2200 for it and they didn't hesitate to say yes. The boat was on the market for almost 8 months prior to our purchase.. I know it was a completely different model, but hopefully that helps you put things in perspective in terms of what you may get for the boat. If it were me, I would part it out, I bet the windshield alone would bring in a pretty penny.

Tags
maristar, totaled