Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-29-2010, 12:00 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X15 350 MCX
Water Test / Boat Demo Tips

Hello Fellow MC lovers - this is my first post.

Gearing up for a water test of X15 next weekend. Any tips, hints, or tricks of the trade that I need to look for before, during or after the demo? I'm actively searching now and plan to be in an X15 at the start of the season 2011. Budget of $40k - $50k

I grew up in Knoxville, TN on Norris Lake and looking forward to getting my own MC. Now is the time.

Would love to hear your tips on locating our next boat.

Cheers!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:20 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006, X9, MCX
When you water test a used boat, make sure you use the perfect pass, fill and empty all ballast sacs/tanks, check the oil and transmission fluids to make sure you dont see any signs of water. If possible when you have the boat off the trailer, take the chance to have a look at the trailer and bunks.

If buying new, not so much an issue, but based on your stated budget, looks like you will be buying late model used. Which is perfectly fine with the quality of an MC. You should be able to find a heckuva nice X15 for 40-50k.

As for tips to finding, just keep looking. You never know when or how you will find the MC you are looking for. I was looking hard for a Supra when I stumbled onto my MC. It was to good of a deal to pass up, and even though I didn't know it at the time, it was definitely a blessing in disguise. Some one above must have known I needed a MC instead of a Supra. I will never own a boat that is not an MC now that I have one.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Tags
demo, forsale, newbie, watertest, x15