Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-21-2010, 10:51 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
Question '03 x30 Tower Rack Padding

Hey guys, this is my first thread so hopefully I'm doing this right. I just bought a 2001 Maristar 230 a couple of weeks ago. The tower on it is the '03 x30 tower I believe. The racks for the tower are the spring loaded ones designed for this tower so they don't have bungie cords like most I've seen. The racks are missing a couple of the rubbery foam pieces in the board slots and I have tried to find them all over the internet. Does anyone know where I can find these? Or do you think I would almost be better off to just buy some generic adhesive foam or rubber and cut to fit? Any and all responses are appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:38 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: none
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=35217

Like this type of padding?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:11 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
Yes, like that padding. It is different on these particular x30 racks than on the zero flex but it's the same concept. If I am correct the zero flex has more of a thin rubber strip sort of in the rack arms that cushions but also keeps the boards from sliding, and these x30 racks have more of a foam cushion on top of the arms for padding because once you tighten the spring loaded arms the board shouldn't slide. I have never seen these x30 racks before. I think that McMaster website has something that will work though. I really appreciate the help man. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: none
No problem
Old 04-25-2011, 12:16 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 MasterCraft X30
What's the best adhesive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods915 View Post
Yes, like that padding. It is different on these particular x30 racks than on the zero flex but it's the same concept. If I am correct the zero flex has more of a thin rubber strip sort of in the rack arms that cushions but also keeps the boards from sliding, and these x30 racks have more of a foam cushion on top of the arms for padding because once you tighten the spring loaded arms the board shouldn't slide. I have never seen these x30 racks before. I think that McMaster website has something that will work though. I really appreciate the help man. Thanks.
What is the best adhesive to repair the rubber pieces? I have all the pieces but the old adhesive is failing. Thanks!

Tags
rack, tower, wakeboard, x30, xstar